Reader reviews and comments on The Last Precinct, plus links to write your own review.

The Last Precinct

by Patricia Cornwell

The Last Precinct by Patricia Cornwell X
The Last Precinct by Patricia Cornwell

Oct 2000, 432 pages
    Jul 2001, 480 pages

There are currently 18 reader reviews for The Last Precinct

Ryan

I am 13 and I found The Last Preicinct to be one of Patricia Cornwells best books, I have admired the way that she writes about the legend that is Dr Kay Scarpetta for ages now and I think The Last Precinct was one of the most moving books which I have ever read.
Shelli

I am one of the more avid readers out there... at least I think so. I am a married, mother of four with a full time job as a Sr. Loan Closer for Washington Mutual Bank. HOWEVER.... Patricia Cornwell is one of those authors that I find myself making time anywhere to read her books. No this isn't a book forsome that is just coming into the series of Scarpetta mysteries but it is one for those of us that have read her from the very beginning. I was so grateful to finally find out alot if information about her and the history of what makes her so great. My only concern is where does it go from here. I love these books and really, really, don't want to find out that this was the last one! I think that by her writing this the way she did it gave us insight not only into Kay but also into Patricia herself as well. A lot of authors d oresearch for their books but I feel that she does do more than that. She actually becomes her characters to a certain extent. I felt that I was actually there with Kay and going thru the same things that she was. This was by far THE most indepth book in the series! 5 ***** as well as 2 Thumbs Up as far as I am concerned!
Niki Gilmore

Unbelievable detail! All of Patricia Cornwell's books have captivated me! I am a college student planning to graduate this May with my teaching degree and I can't seem to find interest in my homework! I cannot put her books down once I get started. I find myself wishing I could meet Dr. Kay Scarpetta! I love to read and always have, but I have not found an author yet who compares!
Huge fan in the state of Wyoming!
Mary

I have read every one of the Kay Scarpetta books and can't wait for the next. No, this book was not for a first time reader but for one who has followed this all the way from the start it was really great. I found that after reading the book I was worried and depressed and scared as though I was going through it myself and couldn't wait to read more.
MFlowers

I thought this was a great book she keeps you on your toes, and I never wanted to put the book down.
linny

One of the best series of books i've ever read. Brilliant from cover to cover. I couldn't put it down. Unfortunatly i missed Black Notice but read it afterwards (another excellent book by such a talented woman).
Rebecca

Totally a page turner,I couldn't put it down. Will there be another book with Kay and the gang. I have read them all.
Shasta

Black Notice and The Last Precinct were phenomenal! The Last Precinct has left me on the edge of my seat. I can't wait to see what happens to Kay in the next book. Hopefully something good. I have read all of Patricia's novels and this is one of the best. You definately have to have read the previous books to know what's going on. But once you start you will never be able to stop.

Driving Miss Norma

A Place for Us
    by Fatima Farheen Mirza

Win If You See Me, Don't Say Hi

If You See Me, Don't Say Hi by Neel Patel

Patel's stories introduce a bold and timely new literary voice.

A P Saved I A P E