Reader reviews and comments on It's Not About the Bike, plus links to write your own review.

It's Not About the Bike

My Journey Back to Life

by Lance Armstrong, Sally Jenkins

It's Not About the Bike

May 2000, 288 pages
    May 2001, 288 pages

There are currently 25 reader reviews for It's Not About the Bike

chhavi (02/10/12)

how Lance works have inspired ustp make the event happen
My husband has undertaken his first bicycle tour to Shirdi ..1300 kms from Delhi. I gifted this book by Lance Armstrong which has even inspired Naved, to give this trip a a more spiritual bent..on way while speaking to people he is transmitting the message of "faith healing"..within us.
elnaz (08/07/11)

it is very nice...
Hi,
I think it is the best book that I read
It's a big lesson for all people....
I love it so much
VJ Falcone (10/18/07)

It's Not About The Bike
This book is titled It’s Not About the Bike but it kind of actually is about the bike. Yes, Lance talks about how things were when he was growing up. He does talk about the hardships he had to go through with cancer, but he does talk about the bike. He goes into detail about how he missed school to race bikes and how his early career was. Also how he and his wife moved to Spain so that he could train for the Tour de France. He also goes into how it felt to win the Tour de France. This is great and all but I believe that he should have focused more on the cancer even though he does go into great detail on the diagnosis and how he tried to learn everything he could about the illness. Also how he tried to get as many opinions he could about the cancer only to find out every time he only had a slim chance to live. I found it interesting about his cancer treatment and how scary it must have been, not knowing if he was going to live. his treatments made him so weak that he couldn’t stand without help and how someone who could ride a bike 200 miles over mountains could barely ride his bike around the block in his neighborhood. These parts I liked because I gave me the feeling of how serious and horrible cancer really is, but I still think he could have focused less about racing even if it is a huge part of his life.
Still I found this book to be very good and probably one of the best books I’ve read. I would recommend it to anyone, especially if you’re a cyclist, a cancer survivor or know someone who is a survivor. I found this book to be very inspirational and it taught me that no matter how bad things get not to give up because there is always hope.
Bumu-chan (09/20/07)

It's good!
I think this book has a different insight to Lance's life. Before I thought he was just about the bike that he didn't have a real life. After I thought he was a good person.
Matt Donaldson (10/17/05)

Inspirational
The emotional-rollercoaster autobiography of Lance Armstrong has made me a better person after reading it. It has illustrated to me that we should count our many blessings in life and be thankful for what we do have, and to not compare ourselves to other people. Thank-you Lance for your heart-compelling story which I'm sure has touched not only my heart but many others also
nomis renrut (11/06/04)

best read of my 2004.. Inspirational!
Amy (10/18/04)

this is one of the best books ive read and im 12
James Letten (09/19/04)

The best book that i've ever read

One Month Free Membership

Underground Airlines
    by Ben Winters

All the Ugly and Wonderful Things
    by Bryn Greenwood

A memorable coming-of-age tale about loyalty, defiance, and the power of love.

Circling the Sun