Reader reviews and comments on Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets, plus links to write your own review.

Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets

Book 2

by J.K. (Joanne) Rowling

Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets by J.K. (Joanne) Rowling

Jun 1999, 341 pages
    Aug 2000, 352 pages

There are currently 267 reader reviews for Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets

Kirsty Wieprecht, katie elford and rachel greatrex

woohoo
we are the BIGGEST fans of this book!in the intire world including poland...i just wich i could marry the book!kristy for ron for eva! i cant believe i may have to live a life without the thought of a new book coming out!she cant do this to me!i may cry...excuse me im in tears!!
Adam

VERY intresting and adventurous. It's fun, scary, and cool! Its a good sequal to the 1st book.
libbieey

this is the second film out in the serise and are looking forward to seeing the third

the book is very good but the only thing is nothibng atall its the best just coming to the road you just need a break so come in sie and watch the chamber of secrets it is the best film ever

all you need is a bit of spare time for a little bit of th chamber

I like moaning murtul she is the most moaning child i have ever seen
lib

I thought it was very good but the noises made me jump and are looking forward to be able to get harry potter and the prisener of askabam

lib
Abbas

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
By J.K.Rowling

Book review by Abbas Panjwani

This is the second book in the Harry Potter series by J.K.Rowling, about the young wizard Harry Potter, his best friends Ron and Hermione, and their adventures at Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Harry is no ordinary wizard. When he was a baby, the evil Lord Voldermort tried to kill him after he killed Harry’s parents. Mysteriously, the spell rebounded, and Harry survived, with just a scar on his forehead. He then lived with his “muggle” (non magical) aunt and her family, but when he turned eleven, started to attend Hogwarts, which became this home. There he met Ron and Hermione, who became his two best fiends.

Ron is the youngest son of the Weasley family, who have been witches and wizards for generations. Although they do not have much money they are very good hearted people. Ron is a happy go lucky character, who is a little in awe of Harry, but keeps it to himself. He always supports Harry and values their friendship.

Hermione is a muggle born witch and is the cleverest witch of her age. She is very disciplined, studious and always gets top marks in exams and homework. She helps them with their homework, and gets sure they revise for their exams.
These three, although very different, are best friends, and this friendship gets them through everything that is thrown their way.

The story begins when Harry is visited at his aunts by a house elf, Dobby, who warns him not to go back to Hogwarts because of a “plot to make most terrible things happen”. However Harry loves Hogwarts and no-one is going to stop him. But when at school, strange things start to happen – Harry hears a strange voice, nobody else can hear, threatening messages appear on the wall and students are attacked and petrified. It is soon discovered that a secret part of the school, the chamber of secrets has been re-opened. The book tells the story of how the three friends find what is petrifying the students.

In my opinion this book is amazing. I give it top marks because it is exciting, full of suspense, rich in detail, and of course, filled with magic. In this book we learn more about the world of magic, see the friendship between the three friends strengthen, and have another encounter with Lord Voldermort. We are also introduced to new characters that play an important part in this, and future books, such as Dobby and the Weasley family

Rowling has written a book loved by adults and children. Every page is exciting to read. She has created a very strong central character, and setting, through which the reader ends up believing in this magical world. I have read the book three times, and have found something new each time. I have read the series 3 times and can’t wait for the next book.

Erika

I think your books are the best books.
richelle

i thought it was great
Rachel Holman

I liked this book very much. It never lets you stop reading as if it sucks you into the actual book. J.K. Rowling has made one of the best series of books out of all the books I have read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Book Jacket: New People