Reader reviews and comments on River, Cross My Heart, plus links to write your own review.

River, Cross My Heart

by Breena Clarke

River, Cross My Heart by Breena Clarke

Oct 1999, 245 pages
    Oct 1999, 245 pages

There are currently 9 reader reviews for River, Cross My Heart

sherri (05/23/05)

river, cross my heart = fabulous
This novel was amazing! I can't quite see how some of you can say it was boring...I thought it was fabulous. I loved the emotional truths and sheer passion seen through Johnnie Mae.
cameren (05/24/04)

this book was very ok and unremarkable. it was a ice try though
melody ware (11/21/03)

i think that the book really made you think and i t made you read between the lines. fro example the prejudice and the thought that she has to live with that she was suppose to be watching her little sister and since she didnt she died.
Hina Latif (08/10/03)

This book was so.....not gettin to the point i dont recommend it to any one!
Anonymous (11/12/02)

I found this book ok they made it seem so exciting but as i read it, i became slightly confused as to what was happening. It provided great insight to the world of African Americans of the 20's, and it tought me a lot. Even though the book did seem worth while, its not as great as it has been presented by many.
Angie B. (04/26/02)

This book was a great read! I felt as though I was living in the 1920's right with the Characters.
LASHAWNDA MINOR (04/25/02)

THIS IS A GREAT BOOK. I RECOMMEND EVERYONE TO READ IT IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN HOW THE AFRICAN AMERICANS WERE TREATED DIFFERENTLY.
Anna Nicodemus (04/04/02)

One of the best, if not the ultimate novel. Grabbed me from the moment I sat down on a Saturday afternoon. Highly recommended to anyone who appreciates good, excellent, worthy literature. Being an African woman, stuck in a world of apartheid, I could relate to the Johnnie Mae's feelings.

Discover your next great read here

Ghachar Ghochar
    by Vivek Shanbhag
    The Bengaluru (aka Bangalore) that has dominated economic news headlines over the past decade is the...
  • Book Jacket: Caught in the Revolution

The Atomic Weight of Love
by Elizabeth J. Church

Lola
    by Melissa Scrivner Love

An astonishing debut crime thriller about an unforgettable woman.

Mercies in Disguise
    by Gina Kolata

A story of hope, a family's genetic destiny, and the science that rescued them.

More Anagrams