Reader reviews and comments on Hearts In Atlantis, plus links to write your own review.

Hearts In Atlantis

Aug 2000, 624 pages

There are currently 9 reader reviews for Hearts In Atlantis

Ksyvarth

My Heart is in Atlantis
I first read this book eight years ago, when I was a mere 13 years of age. It was the second work by Stephen King that I had read, and I was hooked on the first page. The magic that wasn't in the middle -- but around the edges -- has captivated me time and time again. It is my all time favorite book, and I recommend it to everyone I know. I think I have read it 25 times and it strikes me in a different way every time. Going from a young child to an adult reader was an amazing experience with this novel. I don't think I can put into words how much this book means to me. King is a literary genius who succeeds in weaving his stories together. Even his most fantastic works take place in the same world as his more humanistic stories, and that is something that only a genius can do.
stephen

This is a fantastic book. One of the best I have ever read. The characters appear so human and fragile while at the same time they are heroic and larger than life. For someone who is too young to know anything about the 60's and Vietnam, this book has given me a much better education about the tragic times those were and how their subtle effects must still be felt. I have never posted my comments about a book before, but this one is so good that I had to. And to all of you who are, like me, on the path to the Dark Tower, Hile Gunslingers!.
Jessica

I've not even read all the book yet and I am attached, I am only 14 years old and this is the longest book I've ever read but no dout the best, I love the way he puts such great detail in it and makes you feel as if you are really there! The book has touched a place in me so much and it even made me cry. I haven't read any other books by Stephen King but I'm sure after this I will read alot more. This book is the greatest..You sure wouldn't regret reading it!
Summer

I loved this book, it is 672 pages long but I read it 4 times. For some reason this book touched a place in my heart and I cried...When Stephen King goes from an awesome horror writer to a touching author he does his best.
Babymokkkey

i love this book it the best book i ever read!!!!!!!!!
that one guy

awesome book, even though im 15 and had to read it for english class
Anonymous

King at his best. I haven't enjoyed a King novel this much since the Shining. His characters are alive, his dialogue real.
Anonymous

I can honestly say this is the best book I have ever read. I enjoy the way Stephen King becomes the characters in his stories. The characters he created had such realistic qualities to them that I could easily relate. He had a way of tieing each story within the book to one another that brought the whole book together. Stephen King's work is nothing more than spellbinding.

• Book Jacket: Future Home of the Living God
  • Book Jacket: Never Coming Back
    Never Coming Back
    by Alison McGhee

If the Creek Don't Rise by Leah Weiss

A debut novel bursting with heart, honesty, and homegrown grit.

Wonder Valley
    by Ivy Pochoda

Flaming enthusiasm, backed up by horse sense and persistence, is the quality that most frequently makes for ...

E Dog H I D