Reader reviews and comments on The Testament, plus links to write your own review.

The Testament

Jan 2000, 544 pages

There are currently 38 reader reviews for The Testament

Beckyh

Not your usual Grisham - in a good way
I started this book thinking “oh no, another bad will, lawyers fighting it out” book. I was wrong. This book is really a character study of two people: one selfless, powerless, kind, gentle, loving, astute; the other selfish, brutish, drunk, egotistical, powerful. It is also about a land – beautiful, treacherous, unforgiving, abundant. When these forces meet, the story begins.

Grisham is a great storyteller; his characters are real, the situations are plausible, the tension is unending. THE TESTAMENT has a clear message, told clearly in a powerful way. This is a story that will stay with you. I’m glad I read it and you will be too.
5 of 5 stars
Palesa Mpuru

Thrilling
The book is excellent. Though we turn to depend on wealth and power, but self spiritual healing is important to overcome your life's tribulations; as we go through Nate's escapade. An emotional ending...[spoiler removed- ed]
Anand

Takes you to the interior jungles & flooding rivers of The Pantanal. Those will stay afresh ever in my eyes. Good Work
luc

You are the man. You can do it. I hope you make a book about fooball, not like the Bleacher you made.
Kelly

Great, great BOOK!!!!!!
Very interesting!
Stephanie

good book highly recommended
Bolivia

This was my first Grisham's book. Though I've seen some of the movies from other of his books, I didn't know what to expect from The Testament. The very shocking opening doesn't fade out as you go through the pages, it just keeps changing, but never fades. I agree with the person who said it doesn't end predictably, and that for me is so difficult to achieve, yet so great when you find a book that does it.
Tabitha M.

I have recently become a big fan of John Grisham books. They keep you going from page to page and make you not want to stop reading. I personally finished reading The Testament in 2 days because I got so wrapped up in it. It is a great book and I would encourage anyone to read it.

• Book Jacket: How to Stop Time
    How to Stop Time
    by Matt Haig
  • Book Jacket: Mothers of Sparta
    Mothers of Sparta
    by Dawn Davies
    What it's about:
    The tagline on the back cover of Mothers of Sparta says it all: "Some women...
  • Book Jacket: Fortress America
    Fortress America
    by Elaine Tyler May
  • Book Jacket: The Friend
    The Friend
    by Sigrid Nunez
    Sigrid Nunez is one of the most underrated authors writing today. Her work is so lovely, so ...

The Women in the Castle by Jessica Shattuck

Force of Nature
    by Jane Harper

A riveting, tension-driven thriller from the New York Times bestselling author of The Dry.

Next Year in Havana
    by Chanel Cleeton

a Cuban-American woman travels to Havana, where she finds a family secret hidden since the revolution.

Win The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore

The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore

A gripping novel from the award-winning author of For Today I Am a Boy.

G O T P, B The P, F T P