Reader reviews and comments on Girl With A Pearl Earring, plus links to write your own review.

Girl With A Pearl Earring

Dec 2000, 240 pages

There are currently 55 reader reviews for Girl With A Pearl Earring

Rachel

Captivating...
This book really takes you into their world... a very thrilling and experience. After the first page, I just couldn't put it down. I enjoyed reading this book and so will you!
Meredith

Despite what some say about loving the book and then being disappointed by the ending, I disagree. You have to look at the whole book and when you do you realise that what Griet did was right for her at that time. Anything else would have been a lie to the boook and to the characters and the time. If you do not realsie this then you are not looking hard enough. Trust me you can do it, I'm only fifteen and I can. Overall I would say that I am better off having read this book. All I can say is that I hope the movie doesn't ruin it.
Amanda

This is a beautifully written novel. When you read it you feel as if you are looking through Griets eyes.
S.B

an astounding and captivating novel about Vermeer's art and 17th century life in Delft
EMiLy

One word can describe the book: W.O.W.
Anneloes

Lovely. Pure. Great. Unreachable. Silent. Bright.

A Pearl.

Just like the painting that inspired it.
Mademoiselle

This is one of the best books I have ever read! It is a wonderful story basically so if you are on the fence about reading this book, READ IT! IT WILL BE ONE OF THE BEST READING EXPERIENCES YOU EVER HAVE!
Colleen

this book, i would have to say is the best book ever. it is so unique in the way it talks about the paintings. and i loved that!! because you can imagen them. so if you havent read this book, im telling you NOW you should go out and buy it. because you will love it promise!

• Book Jacket: The Electric Woman
    The Electric Woman
    by Tessa Fontaine
  • Book Jacket: The Female Persuasion
    The Female Persuasion
    by Meg Wolitzer
    A college freshman struggling for identity. A 1960s feminist icon attempting to maintain her ...
  • Book Jacket: A Lucky Man
    A Lucky Man
    by Jamel Brinkley
    If his debut collection of short stories, A Lucky Man is any indicator, Jamel Brinkley is poised on ...
  • Book Jacket: Picture Us In The Light
    Picture Us In The Light
    by Kelly Loy Gilbert
    Kelly Loy Gilbert presents a beautiful narrative with myriad intertwined plotlines that explores the...

Harbor of Spies by Robin Lloyd

A captivating thriller-at-sea set in Spanish colonial Havana in the 1860s.

Anatomy of a Miracle