Reader reviews and comments on All Woman and Springtime, plus links to write your own review.

by Brandon W. Jones

All Woman and Springtime by Brandon W. Jones

May 2012, 384 pages
    Mar 2013, 400 pages

There are currently 23 reader reviews for All Woman and Springtime

Power Reviewer Louise J

Don't Miss This One!!
This was a fascinating, fast-paced story without a minute to put the book down! Being caught up in the lives of Jasmine, Gi, II-sun and Cho was undeniably real. I felt like I was being tugged along with these four women as they struggled through their daily lives, trying to make sense of who and what they are. Being sold into prostitution was a huge blow to their ego’s and their inexperience was shamelessly embarrassing to watch. My heart bled for these young women as they were forced into things they never even dreamed about. Stripped bare of their innocence and purity was hard to swallow.

Brandon W. Jones hit the mark with this one, showcasing the realities of human trafficking and what that type of life does to a person. The ending was so sad and one I never saw coming and cried over. All that angelic innocence lost forever. I would highly recommend this book to everyone, don’t miss it!!
Marion T. (Palatine, IL)

All Woman and Springtime
Though difficult to read this is a compelling story on a very important subject-human trafficking and sexual slavery. It is for the mature audience since the contents are graphic, but realistic. That being said, Brandon Jones has written a beautiful, chilling, important novel. The hopelessness that these young girls had to live but the hope in their hearts that one day they would be out of this life made for a very compelling story that hooks the read right from the start.
Sally D. (Racine, WI)

All Woman and Springtime
All Woman and Springtime begins with the story of two young women, Il-Sun and Gi, living at the Home for Orphan Girls in North Korea. Part I describes how both girls arrived at the orphanage, the daily rigors of their lives as seamstresses and the overwhelming fear of living under the North Korean regime ruled by "the Great Leader Kim Il-sung". It is made clear how both girls long to escape their oppressive lives.

Without giving more away, Parts II through IV follows their lives to South Korea and the United States where they unwillingly become involved in sex trafficing.

There are marked changes in style through the story, perhaps done to highlight the abrupt changes the girls go through as the story progresses. There are some very explicit descriptions of mental, physical and sexual torture throughout the book but they are necessary to the telling of the tale.

While the ending of the story seems a bit contrived all in all, this is a very readable book. I would be willing recommend it to others.
Kenneth R. (St. Louis, MO)

Good read about a bad subject.
This book is mail about sex trafficking. The reverence of the North Koreans for the “dear leader” was a bit overdone in my opinion, but the story of three women who make the journey from North Korea to Seattle via Seoul, against their will, and somehow overcome one adversity after another held my interest to the very end.
Michele J.

This book is unputdownable!
I am stunned by the beauty and intelligence of the writing. I agree with Alice Walker's assessment of this wonderful book as, "absorbing, chilling, beautifully written and important..." Brandon Jones has fully placed the reader in North Korea and created a world and whole, endearing characters inhabiting it....
A stunning book, not to be missed!
Kristin P. (Reston, VA)

A must read
This is a heartbreaking book on a very important topic. While the passages detailing the horrors of human trafficking are graphic at times, the author treats each passage and the characters with respect. He does not sensationalize the issues but rather helps the reader see it from the characters' perspectives. This book is well-suited for a book club-make sure you allow for ample time for discussion-and for students interested in women's studies. While this book is heartbreaking, I became completely engrossed in the story and could not put the book down. It is a truly unique book and beautifully written.
Jacquelyn H. (Blanco, TX)

Intense and Informative
The book All Woman and Springtime is the story of human trafficking concerning innocent young women and brothels. The story begins in a North Korean orphanage where young women in puberty become involved with human traffickers. The story moves from North Korea to South Korea to Seattle, Washington in a fast paced story of abuse and as well as hope for survival. I loved this book from the intense and innocent loyalty to the South Korean "Big Brother" to the loss of innocence, the endurance, desperation, and redemption of the characters. Wonderful.
Power Reviewer Lee M. (Creve Coeur, MO)

WOW
One of the best books I’ve read in a long time. The story of Gyong-Ho and Il-sun, two North Korean orphans, spans only a few years but encompasses a lifetime of degradation, and abuse but also holds a glimmering of hope. Perhaps a little too realistic at times, definitely for a mature audience, but nonetheless a gripping story which you will long remember.

Discover your next great read here

• Book Jacket: Good Me Bad Me

by Francesca Hornak

Win The Wisdom of Sundays

The Wisdom of Sundays
by Oprah Winfrey

Life-changing insights from super soul conversations.

A Good M I H T F