Reader reviews and comments on The Bricklayer, plus links to write your own review.

The Bricklayer

by Noah Boyd

The Bricklayer by Noah Boyd

Feb 2010, 400 pages
    Jan 2011, 416 pages

There are currently 21 reader reviews for The Bricklayer

Nancy Patterson

Brick by brick
I had just finished the Hunger Games series and was looking for something new that intrigued me like this series. Since my dad was a second generation bricklayer, I picked it up wondering how authentic the author's voice would be regarding the life of a bricklayer. Being a bricklayer is more a metaphor for ex-FBI agent Steve Vail. I could not put the book down...and it's not predictable!! Can't wait for the next book!!
SAM

Back to Basics
Interesting plot. Great characters. Wonderful dialogue.

It doesn't get much better if you enjoy fast-paced mystery/suspense novels.

Noah Boyd has masterfully created one of the best ones I've read in awhile. He reminds me of the earlier James Patterson or Stuart Woods - in the days before those authors began using fewer words, wider margins, and bigger fonts and lines spaces and really crafted their stories and characters.
Nikki R. (Irvine, CA)

Hail Vail
As I began reading I had some doubts since it started rather slowly in my opinion. I kept plugging away and boy did it get exciting ! A bit creepy too as the adventures were recounted. On a lighter note the male/ female interplay added interest. By the time I finished The Bricklayer I decided this read was time enjoyably spent. Looking forward to more Steve Vail.
Jan P. (Fairfax, VA)

Oh the Tale Boyd Wove!
One hundred pages into Noah Boyd’s The Bricklayer, first glance up, lost in a story full of suspenseful endings that kept on coming. Agent Steve Vail, both real and unreal in his dealings and his daring. Airy and intense bantering with both love interest and outlaws makes Vail a character to rush back to at every chance until the literal flirtatious last sentence.
Diane D. (Cape Elizabeth, ME)

Can't wait for the next one....
Steve Vail, my new favorite rogue agent! Loved the fast paced twists and turns of this book, a good read for anyone that likes a mystery. I'm a big fan of Michael Connelly and John Sandford and I'm now adding Noah Boyd to my list of favorites. This book keeps you guessing and intrigued from page one.......enjoy!
Sue S. (Saratoga, CA)

My sister's new favorite man
Just got an advance copy from BookBrowse to review, and I know I'm going to send this one to my sister. I think Steve Vail will replace Jack Reacher as her favorite man (in books at least).

As a recent refugee from the corporate world, I admire Vail for being a guy who defies authority and returns to work only on his terms. The descriptions of action sequences are crisp and clear, creating a movie-like quality as your brain transforms the words to pictures. I won't be surprised if this is made into a move. Now, who should play Vail? Hmm. I'll ask my sister.
Beth F. (Bloomfield Hills, MI)

The Bricklayer
What a great read!! The suspense started on page one and didn't end until the finish of the book. I liked the lead character Steve Vail and the FBI agent Kate. I'm sure we will read about both of them again!!
Rebecca C. (Opelika, AL)

The Bricklayer - FBI Thriller
I received an ARC of The Bricklayer from Bookbrowse.com and I am so glad I did. From the first page to the last I was completely engaged with the characters and the story line and at 390 pages this one is no wimp. And still, it ended too soon. There were so many twists and turns in this thriller that I could not figure out what was happening next and I am the queen of figuring out the ending by the middle of the book. As an added bonus, I have fallen in love with Steve Vail, the Bricklayer, and am so thrilled that this is just the first book in a series. I can’t wait for the second book to come out. So you better get this one on your wish list quick because you cannot have my copy!

• Book Jacket: Rebellion
    by E Lockhart
  • Book Jacket: Jumping at Shadows
    Jumping at Shadows
    by Sasha Abramsky
    In September 2015, fourteen-year old Ahmed Mohamed was thrust into the national spotlight when the ...

Being Mortal by Atul Gawande

Love and Other Consolation Prizes
    by Jamie Ford

The Twelve-Mile Straight
    by Eleanor Henderson

Win If the Creek Don't Rise

If the Creek Don't Rise

A debut novel bursting with heart, honesty, and homegrown grit.

Y Can't M A S P O O A S E