Reader reviews and comments on Night Fall, plus links to write your own review.

Night Fall

by Nelson DeMille

Night Fall

Nov 2004, 496 pages
    Nov 2005, 672 pages

There are currently 18 reader reviews for Night Fall

Manwat (02/06/13)

An "In Joke" of a book!
I can stop grinning when I think of this book! It has the most pathetic ending to a story I have ever heard of or read! I actually give it to friends (as a joke) telling them that it is the best book ever.....then they come back to me saying "$#& You!" great prank to pull on your friends who love books! 5 stars all round!
Alan (01/16/12)

Page turner...then thud
The first 99 pages was a great read with great characters and plot - then it was like the author said - time to end it and did so in one page with little logic. This was my first Demille book and half way though I was recommending it to friends - but not now.
Ryan (12/14/11)

TERRIBLE ENDING!!
I have never wanted to chuck a book across the room when I've finished it, as much as I did with this one. What was the point of this book?? I felt like I spend weeks on the edge and then the ending is the biggest cop-out...such a sorry excuse for an ending. There is no reason to read this book, as the stories plot goes absolutely no where. Huge thumbs down.
Nandini (07/30/11)

terrible ending!!!!
I just can't believe that a story which starts out so well could end so terribly!!! If it was a terrible book from the start, may be then I wouldn't have felt so cheated..I mean the readers definitely deserve a better end.. It was like being taken till the tip of the Everest and being pushed from there!!! I feel like I wasted one whole day!!! And to add to that in the acknowledgments he thanks his son for suggesting such a wonderful ending!!!
P.S:Mr DeMille, Please try not to be anywhere near the person who just finishes reading the book or you might end up in a hospital.
Sjacksson (05/18/09)

Riveting with realistic ending
Plot kept me reading nonstop. I was not familiar with all of the various theories behind the crash. Book was informative while being thoroughly entertaining. Character John Corey is wonderful. I've read Plum Island years ago. Just read The Lion's Game (outstanding) last week, read this one, next on my reading list is "Wild Fire". Then I will be all caught up on John Corey and wife Kate. I am wondering if Ted Nash returns?
Power Reviewer Kim (01/01/08)

Disappointing
I thought the whole plot was kind of silly, with an ending that made the entire book completely pointless. Granted, the novel is in theory based on an historical event, and consequently can't end the way the reader might want/expect it to, so I guess I should have known better. Still, some resolution would have been nice.
disappointed (04/13/07)

let down
The beginning of the novel put me on a tremendous high; but pages later I was terribly let down. Snappy dialog, humor and all that, but even then I got too much of a good thing. But curiosity kept me reading, cause I wanted the conclusion... i'm sorry I did though because it's not concluded yet. No more Demille novels for me.
Lucas Hazelwood (12/31/05)

Terrible Ending
I just finished the book and I feel absolutely cheated out of about a week of my time. The story was wonderful with great characters up until the last few pages which totally dismiss the entire story. I feel like there should be at least 4 or 5 more chapters to explain and tie in everything he promised throughout the book. At first I thought I had accidentally skipped some of the ending, but I was wrong, the book ends abruptly and without closure. John COrey is a great character with a great sense of humor, but this really ticked me off.

One Month Free Membership

Boy Erased
    by Garrard Conley

All the Ugly and Wonderful Things
    by Bryn Greenwood

A memorable coming-of-age tale about loyalty, defiance, and the power of love.

The Book That Matters Most
    by Ann Hood

An enthralling novel about love, loss, secrets and friendship.

This Must Be the Place