Reader reviews and comments on Night Fall, plus links to write your own review.

Night Fall

by Nelson DeMille

Night Fall by Nelson DeMille X
Night Fall by Nelson DeMille

Nov 2004, 496 pages
    Nov 2005, 672 pages

There are currently 18 reader reviews for Night Fall

An "In Joke" of a book!
I can stop grinning when I think of this book! It has the most pathetic ending to a story I have ever heard of or read! I actually give it to friends (as a joke) telling them that it is the best book ever.....then they come back to me saying "$#& You!" great prank to pull on your friends who love books! 5 stars all round!

Riveting with realistic ending
Plot kept me reading nonstop. I was not familiar with all of the various theories behind the crash. Book was informative while being thoroughly entertaining. Character John Corey is wonderful. I've read Plum Island years ago. Just read The Lion's Game (outstanding) last week, read this one, next on my reading list is "Wild Fire". Then I will be all caught up on John Corey and wife Kate. I am wondering if Ted Nash returns?

I found this segment of the John Corey story great!

Demille's ability to use real-life occurrences in a fiction based story line is incredible, in my opinion. Today's society is so filled with conspiracy theories and fear of terrorists that the story in Demille’s Night Falls is quite believable. I found this book to be one of Demille’s best.

My concern, though, is about Demille himself. Interviews with him that I’ve read of late state that he may retire. I’d hate to think that Night Falls is the last we hear of John Corey.

Impossible to put down for paced and timely.... This book was the perfect mix of fact and theory that surrourds itself around actual events..
You put yourself into the characters shoes and ask yourself if you would make the same decisons...
Even though this book leaves more questions and answers at the end (also opening the pandoras box on the one of the worst days in US History), you are drawn to each and every chapter, paragraph, and sentence that DeMille flawlessly puts on the page...
Just when you write off John Corey as the most vile, arroogant man in fiction, he comes through with heart that just keeps surprising you... I can't wait for his chartater to reappear once again...
Simon Russell

If Nelson DeMille wrote out the dictionary I'd read it. He's simply the best author I've ever come across.

John Corey is a piece of work, as usual. We'd be severely disappointed if he wasn't. And for once a character doesn't break up with the female protagonist at the beginning to make way for a new one. I was happy about that, I like Kate.

I finished Night Fall 15 minutes ago. Downloaded a video clip off the net mentioned in the book and looked at a website that John Corey views in his investigation. As with all good conspiracy theory there is too much fact involved dismiss the allegations of what John is looking for. More fact and less theory than Dan Brown used in the Da Vinci Code as it happens.

While reading you may want to look at . Get the vids etc there

I''m not going to tell you the plot of Night Fall. Read it yourself. I will tell you that once again Nelson does not give you a happy ending, but as with Charm School, Gold Coast and Up Country he gives the right ending. Even if you smell it coming it still hits you HARD! This book is essential reading for DeMille fans and was everything I hoped and feared it would be. I highly recommend it.

Mr DeMille, if you read this, your book does not entitle you to a well earned rest. Get a pen and notebook (I'll buy them for you) and get writing again. I need something to read.
Barry Divine

I found the book to be Mr. DeMille's catharsis in dealing with the loss of friends and others in the 9/11 World Trade Center tragedy. While the book was excellent, I had some overall disappointment with parts of it. However, the actual events that are part of the book makes one wonder at to how much truth or fiction there actually is.

Page turner...then thud
The first 99 pages was a great read with great characters and plot - then it was like the author said - time to end it and did so in one page with little logic. This was my first Demille book and half way though I was recommending it to friends - but not now.

• Book Jacket: Women & Power