Reader reviews and comments on I Don't Know How She Does It, plus links to write your own review.

I Don't Know How She Does It

Aug 2003, 352 pages

There are currently 9 reader reviews for I Don't Know How She Does It

Reni (12/15/10)

Woman's need to know
Well, I'm 26 years old single woman and still have no idea about something a named marriage, but from Pearson's book make me understand how hard to be a motherhood n a worker for a woman...full of dilemma. Always Make me think " I don't know how he does it" Truly Need a real commitment for having kids and jobs...thanks a lot for your great and funny book.
Isabella (01/20/05)

Not good at all..
Zsu (09/02/04)

Unputdownable! What I liked at the end of the book was a comment about the author' husband appreciating HIS help: 'I don't know how HE does it!' Aren't we parents all doing a great job? Women, of course, most of all...
Anonymous (04/17/04)

Love the Book.
Dori (12/06/03)

At times I found I wasn't enjoying the book - because it touched WAY to close to home... What I found touching was the author's abilty not only to describe MY hectic life.. but also all the guilt that goes with it! I admit I skipped to the end when reading and thought I'd be dissaponted and was very glad not to be. Thanks for a thought provoking.. at times entertaining and at times a bit too real read. Amazing how universal some things are.. from another working mom in Israel.
jeanny (10/31/03)

Allison Pearson IS our goddess!
This is a book about me and my friend, and a friend of hers, and every working mother there is...
Thank you, Allison!
Amazingly enjoyable language, and every single line in the book is so true!
I have four children myself, and have always worked full time at a pretty stressful job, and I could relay to every word in this book.
Wonderful read!
mg (09/15/03)

Definitely entertaining ! The author has captured very well the different facets of the character's life using a writting that makes you feel how hectic her life is. I especially loved reading about how she was approaching her male colleagues trying to find excuses for her late arrivals without mentioning a sick baby-sitter or a baby with toothaches ! Every woman can recognize herself at one point as she deals with her mother, father, sisters, colleagues, husband, kids, friends ... You've been there one day for sure ! This is a piece of candy and I really loved it ! Enjoy !
Ann M (05/08/03)

I thought the"shopaholic" novels were soooooo funny, till I read "I Don't Know How She Does It". It was so funny, I kept telling my husband parts of it, which he also enjoyed (and he totally will only read non-fiction books). I can't wait till she writes a second novel.

• Book Jacket: The Invisible Life of Ivan Isaenko
    The Bones of Grace
    by Tahmima Anam

The Book That Matters Most
    by Ann Hood

An enthralling novel about love, loss, secrets and friendship.

The Invisible Life of Ivan Isaenko