Reader reviews and comments on The Thief Lord, plus links to write your own review.

The Thief Lord

Oct 2003, 376 pages

There are currently 116 reader reviews for The Thief Lord

Tyler

The Thief Lord
The Thief Lord is a book that kids and many teens will enjoy. I read it first as a sixth grader and have read it over and over again for the past four years. Its a fantasy novel with a twist. The twist is that the fantasy is not in the form of fairies or dragons, but in how the kids live their lives. They are orphans, they live completely independent from adults in an abandoned movie theater and they haven't a care in the world. This book is, in my opinion, a very good competitor for Harry Potter.
Tenzin Norzin

The Thief Lord is indeed, a masterpiece.
This book is fantastic! I love this book as it is a mystery as well as a fantasy, novel, and adventure. I just finished reading this book by Cornelia Funke (the best selling author of INKHEART and INKSPELL)and I want even more! I am sure that anyone who likes fantasy will enjoy reading this book.
mark

Outstanding
This book was thrilling ,amazing, nothing bad except there was a magic merry-go-round but other than that random thing this book was amazing Nothing boring except for the 1st 7 pages! AMAZING
Abby

Great book!!
I thought that this was a wonderful book and I hope that there will be another one!! I just hope that more people read this book. Even if you aren't into books you can certainly get into this one fast! I hope anyone else who reads this book enjoys it as much as I have!
Tommy

An 11 year old's oppinion on the Thief Lord
This was an awesome book! If you like books with action, suspense, and excitement I would strongly recommend this book. Another reason why you should read The Thief Lord by Cornelia Funke because you learn Italian while you read it! I'm 11 years old and to be honest I really don't like to read, but when I read this book now I'm excited to read more books! Hopefully I will get to read another Cornelia Funke book! 1 more thing the characters are really cool!
Lorna

The Theif Lord
I really enjoyed reading this book and it is one of the best mystery books I have read in a long time. I liked the characters Scipio and Prosper. Like how Scipio was secretive and how Prosper was so determined to find his brother. This book kept your interest and made you want to read on. It made you visualise the city of Venice with all the descriptions that the author gave us. I would say this book is for the age range of 10-15.
Mick

nice
I personally loved this book but I doubt there will be a sequel. The book just captured my imagination.
Malaurie

the thief lord
I loved this book as soon as I started reading it... it was one of the best books I have read in a very long time... it is a little like mysteries... you just can't stop reading it... I loved this book.. and I cant wait to watch the movie.. Thank you Cornelia for writing a wonderful book for me to read!!!

• Book Jacket: How to Stop Time
    How to Stop Time
    by Matt Haig
  • Book Jacket: Mothers of Sparta
    Mothers of Sparta
    by Dawn Davies
    What it's about:
    The tagline on the back cover of Mothers of Sparta says it all: "Some women...
  • Book Jacket: Fortress America
    Fortress America
    by Elaine Tyler May
  • Book Jacket: The Friend
    The Friend
    by Sigrid Nunez
    Sigrid Nunez is one of the most underrated authors writing today. Her work is so lovely, so ...

A Piece of the World by Christina Baker Kline

From the bestselling author of Orphan Train, a stunning novel of passion and art.

Force of Nature
    by Jane Harper

A riveting, tension-driven thriller from the New York Times bestselling author of The Dry.

Only Child
    by Rhiannon Navin

Win The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore

The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore

A gripping novel from the award-winning author of For Today I Am a Boy.

G O T P, B The P, F T P