Reader reviews and comments on Standing In The Rainbow, plus links to write your own review.

Standing In The Rainbow

by Fannie Flagg

Standing In The Rainbow

Aug 2002, 464 pages
    Jun 2003, 464 pages

There are currently 10 reader reviews for Standing In The Rainbow

Joan M Burke (04/08/16)

It's Better Than Very Good
I've been doing a lot of reading lately (because of access to a lot of books (I work in Model Homes) and this book is unbelievably good. True-life great moments and lots of laughs. Wish it had been made into a movie. Kathy Bates would have had to have a part in it. Give me more time and Ill come up with others that should star in it but definitely Kathy Bates as Dorothy.
Pbarton (03/23/16)

The Arch correction
The book is interesting, but in reading it It is supposed to take place in the 40's and I hope everyone realizes that when Bobby goes to the baseball game in St Louis the Arch was not finished until 1965, so they could not have seen it gleaming; in fact the Arch just had its 50 year anniversary
Anonymous (01/29/05)

I have been an avid reader since age 8, but when I finished reading Standing In the Rainbow I did something I have never done before; I turned back to page 1 and read it all over again.
Keith Chawgo (08/04/03)

I have just finished reading 'Standing in the Rainbow' and all I have to say is what a brilliant and awe inspiring work. I felt that I had become a part of these characters lives and the changes for which each character undergoes was trully magically intertwined with real life. The author was able to take fictional characters in a realistic timeframe and intergrate them to the most amazing tapestry of a time gone by, from the loss of innocence of days gone by to the changing times of the modern world that we now live in. It made a cynic like me wonder with all the technology at our finger tips that we have lost the spirit of community and caring for one another. It made me yearn for a time that I had not even been part of. This is a great book to recommend to anyone interested in real life proposed in a fictional world. Fannie Flagg is a true master at work and I was lost in her world and can't wait to see what she writes next. The only downfall of the book is that when it is finished, I, personally, feel that I have lost a community and a host of friends. I hated it to end and would love to go back to Elmswood Springs and discover new slices of Americana life. A true gem.
Anonymous (05/26/03)

simply brilliant...
Anonymous (02/13/03)

Fannie Flagg brings a past era to life in such vivid detail that we who were not alive during that era look back upon it with a great deal of nostlgia. Each character becomes a friend and at novels end we feel that we have lost something wonderful. Walsh.
Alice (11/27/02)

Good Read. Very relaxing. Light, but yet with little twists you don't see coming. The characters really came to life for me, and I became addicted to each one.
Ricky Kopp (11/06/02)

This was one of the best books I have read in years. I couldn't wait to get back to it each night and see what was going to happen next.
The characters began to feel like family and friends.
Thanks to Fannie for a wonderful time.
Would also make a great movie.

Stalin's Daughter

Falling
    by Jane Green

All Is Not Forgotten
    by Wendy Walker

This is fast-paced psychological suspense/thriller at it's very best.

The Fair Fight
by Anna Freeman

A page-turning novel set in the world of 18th century female pugilists.

Summer Stunner
Summer Giveaway

Win 5 books, each week in July!

W M T N, W C F All