Read what people think about Hunting Shadows by Charles Todd, and write your own review.

Hunting Shadows

An Inspector Ian Rutledge Mystery

by Charles Todd

Hunting Shadows by Charles Todd

• Published in USA  Jan 2014
    Genre: Mysteries

There is 1 reader review for Hunting Shadows

Power Reviewer Dorothy T.

Mystery in a long-ago setting
This is the first Inspector Ian Rutledge mystery I have read, having read and enjoyed a few Bess Crawford mysteries by the same authors, which are set during WWI. As in Bess Crawford, here the authors have developed a likeable central character with many facets to his personality that also lend a bit of intrigue to the story, and have set him in England in a now popular time period (think Downton Abbey).

I have to admit, though, that the story seems to drag in sections. The continual shuffle of small village settings during the course of the investigation of the double murder may be part of the trouble as well as the multitude of minor characters that left me a little confused at times.

Nevertheless, I would not be averse to reading another of the 15 other titles in this series, and I would not hesitate to recommend this one to those who like mystery, England, and the post-WWI era.

Discover your next great read here

• Book Jacket: The Blind
    The Blind
    by A.F. Brady
    In The Blind, A. F. Brady, a licensed psychotherapist, takes readers inside a residential ...
  • Book Jacket: The Rules of Magic
    The Rules of Magic
    by Alice Hoffman
  • Book Jacket: Good Me Bad Me
    Good Me Bad Me
    by Ali Land

To Capture What We Cannot Keep by Beatrice Colin

This love story set against the construction of the Eiffel Tower is "vibrant and transportive." (Bustle)

Never Coming Back
    by Alison McGhee

Win The Wisdom of Sundays

The Wisdom of Sundays
by Oprah Winfrey

Life-changing insights from super soul conversations.

A Good M I H T F