Read what people think about Hunting Shadows by Charles Todd, and write your own review.

Hunting Shadows

An Inspector Ian Rutledge Mystery

by Charles Todd

Hunting Shadows by Charles Todd

• Published in USA  Jan 2014
    Genre: Mysteries

There is 1 reader review for Hunting Shadows

Power Reviewer Dorothy T. (12/28/13)

Mystery in a long-ago setting
This is the first Inspector Ian Rutledge mystery I have read, having read and enjoyed a few Bess Crawford mysteries by the same authors, which are set during WWI. As in Bess Crawford, here the authors have developed a likeable central character with many facets to his personality that also lend a bit of intrigue to the story, and have set him in England in a now popular time period (think Downton Abbey).

I have to admit, though, that the story seems to drag in sections. The continual shuffle of small village settings during the course of the investigation of the double murder may be part of the trouble as well as the multitude of minor characters that left me a little confused at times.

Nevertheless, I would not be averse to reading another of the 15 other titles in this series, and I would not hesitate to recommend this one to those who like mystery, England, and the post-WWI era.

Discover your next great read here

The Nest
by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney

Manderley Forever
    by Tatiana de Rosnay

Bestselling author Tatiana de Rosnay pays homage to Daphne du Maurier.

The Stars Are Fire
    by Anita Shreve

A classic is a book that has never finished saying what it has to say

Y S M B, I'll S Y