Read what people think about Doing Harm by Kelly Parsons, and write your own review.

Doing Harm

by Kelly Parsons

Doing Harm by Kelly Parsons

• Published in USA  Feb 2014
    Genre: Thrillers

There are currently 38 reader reviews for Doing Harm

Eileen F. (Ridgefield, WA) (10/29/13)

Page Turner
A page turning read. The author is good about explaining medical jargon and computer applications. It makes one wonder if parts of this story haven't been reality, somewhere. His evaluation of doctor's personality traits are very accurate. Hope there is another book in the planning.
Ilene R. (Northfield, IL) (10/28/13)

A roller coaster ride...
I really liked Doing Harm. It's a story about a surgeon, Steve Mitchell. He is known around the hospital as one of the "best"! Then- a patient dies. Steve gets caught up in a series of events that toss his whole life into turmoil! I liked that Steve is flawed. He isn't always likeable but I still rooted for him to get out of the mess someone is causing for him. I don't want to give the plot away but please know the book is exciting from start to finish.
Power Reviewer Portia A. (Mount Laurel, NJ) (10/26/13)

Wow!
"Doing Harm" was one of the best of its kind that I've read for a long while..and kept my interest from the beginning. The fact that the protagonist is a surgeon and much of the plot takes place in a hospital made the story even more exciting.
If you enjoyed "Gone Girl" or "Close My Eyes" or other such books this book is most certainly for you.
DJ (10/25/13)

Do not read before surgery!
This is an excellent medical thriller. It is a "stay with it until you finish it" kind of book. Many twists and turns. Someone is murdering patients using methods or situations that can happen in a hospital setting and not be discovered. The author is a doctor which brings medical credibility to the story. Well done by a first novel author. Would recommend it to anyone who likes a gripping story.
Rebecca J. (Knoxville, TN) (10/24/13)

Doing Harm
Doing Harm is a very suspenseful medical mystery which I read in a couple of days. I probably would have given it 5 stars except for the unlikeable protagonist and the fact that the author seemed to want to constantly impress the reader with his medical knowledge. He, in fact, is a doctor but some of the descriptions were pretty nauseating to me and not necessary. This would make a great beach read or a book for someone who doesn't read much. I had to find out the ending!
Jeff S. (Nashville, TN) (10/23/13)

Excellent Thriller
Doing Harm is a medical thriller. It is gripping from the start and never lets the reader rest. It's definitely one of the best thrillers that I have read in years. It is the story of Steve MItchell, a doctor at University Hospital, who meets and gets involved with a killer. The writer lets you see Steve making lapses in judgement and you know that he is all too human. He is not prepared for what is about to happen to him and that for him to get out the mess that he is entering will take a great deal of effort and some help. I would and will highly recommend this book.

• Book Jacket: New People
    by Laurie Forest

News of the World by Paulette Jiles

Happiness
    by Heather Harpham

A love story that follows a one-of-a-kind family through twists of fate that require nearly unimaginable choices.

Win Hame