Read what people think about Doing Harm by Kelly Parsons, and write your own review.

by Kelly Parsons

Doing Harm by Kelly Parsons X
Doing Harm by Kelly Parsons

• Published in USA  Feb 2014
    Genre: Thrillers

There are currently 38 reader reviews for Doing Harm

Jan T. (Leona Valley, CA) (11/03/13)

Doing Harm
Excellent medical thriller. It was gripping - a true page turner. It takes you to the world of hospitals and into the operating room. There are life and death decisions some being made by a possible sociopath. It involves a young surgeon whose patients are dying but why? I highly recommend this book and urge you to watch this young author. Kelly Parsons is going to be a star.
Kim L. (Cary, IL) (11/01/13)

I could not put this book down. It was well written and the author wrote a captivating story. I have been a nurse for over 25 years and in my opinion the author portrayed a mostly accurate view of hospital life. The story was fast paced, and held my attention. I hope the author writes more books.
Erica M. (Chicago, IL) (11/01/13)

Not what I expected
The opening sentence and first third of the book led me to believe that I was reading a very different book than what it turned out to be. I found the book to be engaging, the writing good, the story compelling. As opposed to many thrillers I have read, this one did not overuse contrivances to set up the plot. The technical medical language that was used helped to set up the story, rather than to bog it down. I would give it a 4.5 if such grading was available. I thought the ending was a little too convenient and instead of telling me how it would play out, I would have liked to have had the epilogue provide more detail.
Kimberly H. (Stamford, CT) (10/31/13)

Doing Harm
A quick easy read. The author is a doctor so his descriptions ring true to his profession. I found the GG character a bit implausible but overall a good 'beach' book for those who like thrillers.
Catharine L. (Petoskey, MI) (10/30/13)

Couldn't sleep. Had to finish it.
I enjoyed this medical thriller. It was very suspenseful, and I confess, I jumped ahead to the ending - so I could sleep at night. The medical information was written so the average person could understand the situations, and the reader realizes that there are mistakes and doctors aren't perfect but for the most part, doing their best. My only criticism was GG - somewhat unbelievable, larger than life - attractive, confident, super intelligent, and a black belt in tae kwon do. The ending was somewhat Hollywood with everything working out, but it is definitely a fun read.
Darcy C. (San Diego, CA) (10/30/13)

Exciting Book!
I found myself racing through the pages of this book. Dr. GG truly is an evil - and brilliant - psychopath. The protagonist doctor had an appalling dilemma on his hands – morally and medically. The story led you realistically through his plans and how he carried out his high-tech tactics to try to foil the psycho-doctor. I thought about the book when I wasn't reading it! I hope this author has great success with his future books because I will certainly be reading them! A "smart" and foreboding book; not only did I learn from this tale, I was thoroughly entertained You will tear through these pages -- Enjoy. Oh, yea... one more thing.... make sure you REALLY check out your physician's credentials in your real life. Even then..... it might not be enough to protect you....
Catherine M. (Mankato, MN) (10/30/13)

Doing Harm
I may be a poor judge of Kelly Parson's new novel "Doing Harm" since I am not a routine reader of mysteries/thrillers. Overall I thought the story was entertaining and, because the author is a medical doctor who works in a similar environment, his descriptions of a university hospital's protocols and politics were credible. What I found less plausible was Dr. Gigi (G.G.) Maxwell. Her actions, and her motives for those actions, were unconvincing, even with her (undiagnosed) psychopathology. I also thought that no person—in this case, Dr. Steve Maxwell—with remarkable technological knowledge and skills would ever share a highly confidential username and password with anyone, for any reason. I certainly would not.
Sharon B. (Rome, GA) (10/29/13)

Medical Thriller
Life is great and the future is assured for senior surgical resident Steve Mitchell until inexplicable mistakes start happening causing serious complications for his patients. An investigation reveals foul play and, with his career on the line, Dr. Mitchell must figure out who is sabotaging treatment and what patient will be chosen next. The suspense in this book kept me reading even when I had to skim through much of the clinical detail (the author is a surgeon). The main characters were not very likable and I felt that Dr. Mitchell pretty much deserved whatever happened to him. I would recommend the book for a quick and easy read.

• Book Jacket: The Wife Between Us
    The Wife Between Us
    by Sarah Pekkanen, Greer Hendricks
    The Wife Between Us is an intriguing collaboration between first-time novelist Greer Hendricks and ...
  • Book Jacket: The Wife Between Us