Read what people think about Doing Harm by Kelly Parsons, and write your own review.

by Kelly Parsons

• Published in USA  Feb 2014
    Genre: Thrillers

There are currently 38 reader reviews for Doing Harm

Donna M. (Ashland, OR) (11/19/13)

Doing Harm by Kelly Parsons
The book is an easy, engaging read. I found the medical aspects interesting and would think that it would speak to anyone in the medical field. I was expecting more around ethical dilemmas and would have liked to see a stronger case for why the murderer was so strident about safety. The politics and complexities of the medical arena rang true. The lingering question that I continued to consider was who truly did the right thing and was guided by a strong moral code? Not necessarily the main character.
I would recommend this book to readers who enjoy mysteries and those with an interest in medical issues.
Eileen L. (Osprey, FL) (11/19/13)

Great medical thriller read
Once again a genuine medical doctor writes a thriller about something he knows from the inside -- hospital politics and patient care. Engaging writer. Good successor to Michael Palmer.
Kathleen W. (Appleton, WI) (11/17/13)

Doing Harm
This was a difficult review for me to write because I wanted to like the book more than I do. The premise of "what would you do in this situation?" intrigues me and as a medical thriller, the book is successful. I found myself reading late into the night engrossed in the story. Usually this is sufficient for me to consider a book above average and worth recommending. The problem arises, however, in that the main characters aren't believable, the minor characters are caricatures, and the dialogue is often awkward or stilted. Other than plot, the book doesn't have much to offer.
WDH (New Port Richey, FL) (11/16/13)

Average Thriller
Doing Harm is a quick read, mostly from a typical thriller perspective. The storyline is a little predictable, but entertaining. The medical and technical information is presented very well but the characters just didn't really grab/keep my attention - could not quite connect with their motives. Overall, it was good for a first novel though. I'll watch for other books by this author.
Cheryl W. (Crosby, MN) (11/14/13)

Unbelievable
This book was an easy read and the story moved right along. The whole mystery was so unbelievable. How a doctor who has so much known technology cannot figure out how it was done. Also that no review board would back him. The story was also very predictable. I did like that the murderer was revealed early and the rest of the book was how to catch the murderer.
Julie M. (Minnetonka, MN) (11/12/13)

Junk Food Suspense
This novel is not great literature, but sometimes you just want a quick, fun, wild ride through a novel. Doing Harm does a pretty good job of providing it. It will grab you and not let you go until the end. I thought the part where his wife shows up at the end was a little far fetched, but overall an interesting read. Great book to take to the beach.
Power Reviewer Gary R. (Bolingbrook, IL) (11/12/13)

Game on
I wasn't sure, starting this book, what I was in for. A debut novelist writing a medical thriller who just happens to be a doctor! Not being a great fan of medical thrillers I must say this book is a really good read. A series of accidents seem to point to the incompetence of chief resident Steve Mitchell,rising surgeon and supervisor of a group of med students,but is it really his fault? With all signs pointing to Steve, he sets out to prove his innocence. Even though you find out who's really responsible halfway through the book the game is on! Great read that sucks you in and is hard to put down. Recommended! Why only four stars? A few medical terms I had to stop reading and look up disrupted the flow, but still well worth it!
Aleksandra E. (Alpharetta, GA) (11/11/13)

Interesting premise
I found the subject matter in this novel to be very intriguing yet for some reason I was not as "hooked" as I should be in a suspense novel. Revealing the antagonist half way through a book is an interesting approach but ultimately it lacked a "shocking" element to it. Nonetheless, it was an entertaining and light novel that would be perfect as a beach read.

• Book Jacket: Here I Am

Darling Days
    by iO Tillett Wright

The Tea Planter's Wife
    by Dinah Jefferies

An utterly engrossing, compulsive page-turner set in 1920s Ceylon.

This Must Be the Place
by Maggie O'Farrell

Win Blood at the Root

Blood at the Root

"A gripping, timely, and important examination of American racism."
- PW Starred Review