Read what people think about Cartwheel by Jennifer duBois, and write your own review.

Summary | Discuss | Reviews | More Information | More Books

Cartwheel by Jennifer duBois

• Published in USA  Sep 2013
    Genre: Thrillers

There are currently 3 reader reviews for Cartwheel

Power Reviewer Diane S. (10/23/13)

Cartwheel
Had quite a while to consider my rating on this book and why so much of it just did not gel with me. I never paid much in depth attention to the Amanda Knox story, so my knowledge of said story is just bare bones. So while this is being compared to that case or said to be the trigger for this novel, I have no way of knowing. What I know is that there were two women, college exchange students and one somewhat hunky neighbor, having relationships with both and than of course there is the murder of one of the girls and the other is said to have been the perpetrator.

So basically yes, this book does follow those lines, but where it deviated from the story I cannot comment. The writing in this book is very good, but something bugged me about it, not the story itself but the way it is written. I never really engaged with the characters or the story, never became emotionally vested in the outcome. Felt like it was just a story I was reading, or a recitation of facts without depth and only scratching the surface.

Anyway had a very hard time rating this, because on one hand the writing was very good and on the other, the style of the story just did not work.
Others may not have the same difficulty, it is certainly of popular interest and not all readers have the same reaction.
dlpiano (09/17/13)

cartwheel
A murder mystery written around a families emotions as they unraveled and became exposed to each other. I found myself hurrying to finish this book so I could find out WHY the characters acted in certain way and how they would react as new information was disclosed. Would they still love each other? make excuses for each other? forgive each other? Great character insight and a fast read.
Carole V. (09/08/13)

compelling
I received and ARC of this book; and found that it was 'loosely inspired by the Amanda Knox story". I was skeptical, as I had tired of the whole drama; and ignored mention of it when I could.

I found this book to be a compelling character study; and devoured the book. I especially enjoyed the way the book switched between different points of view. Just really a well written book.

Discover your next great read here

The Nest
by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney

The Stars Are Fire
    by Anita Shreve

Manderley Forever
    by Tatiana de Rosnay

Bestselling author Tatiana de Rosnay pays homage to Daphne du Maurier.

The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things.

Y S M B, I'll S Y