Read what people think about The Gravity of Birds by Tracy Guzeman, and write your own review.

Summary | Discuss | Reviews | More Information | More Books

• Published in USA  Aug 2013

There are currently 4 reader reviews for The Gravity of Birds

Lisa Richardson

The Gravity of Birds
I didn't think when I started that this was going to work for me, but just a few pages in, I was captured by the beautiful prose of the author, and the hidden stories within. I wanted to know about the characters, and solve the mysteries, and help the characters. Iwas surprised by some resolutions, but liked that. Definitely a book that I didn't want to be over when I finished. I look forward to more by this author.
Sharalynne Pasztor

Thanks for a good read!
I also received this book as a book club read and I loved it! Half way through this book I thought I had it all figured out but the unexpected turn at the very end really surprised me. I think the character development was wonderful..I feel like I know them all! This was a great book for a debut author and I look forward to reading more books by her in the future. Gotta suggest this book to my book club!
Asha

Compelling.
I received this book as a book club read and couldn't put it down when I started reading it. The characters gripped me from the beginning and I had to know the outcome. I loved the sense of longing portrayed in the novel and also the feeling of alienation felt by the male protagonist-Thomas Bayber, Most of the people in the novel have major flaws and it's a refreshing feat (of the author) to not white wash them. Alice, Natalie, and the rest of the cast live their lives holding steadfast to whatever keeps them surviving...
I am glad I read this ...Thank you Book Browse for putting this book on my radar. I highly recommend this book as a quick and fulfilling read.
Dorothy L

This book sometimes got lost
I found this novel had a slow start that made me impatient. I wasn't very engaged with the characters. Midway through the book, the pace quickened and I got more interested in the story. Then the reverse happened. Events came together very quickly at the end of the book and for me, there were too many coincidences and events happening simultaneously. I found it unrealistic. The author writes well but I think lost her way at times and I lost interest.

• Book Jacket: The Wife Between Us
    The Wife Between Us
    by Sarah Pekkanen, Greer Hendricks
    The Wife Between Us is an intriguing collaboration between first-time novelist Greer Hendricks and ...
  • Book Jacket: The Wife Between Us