Read what people think about The Purchase by Linda Spalding, and write your own review.

The Purchase

by Linda Spalding

The Purchase by Linda Spalding

• Published in USA  Aug 2013
    Genre: Historical Fiction

There is 1 reader review for The Purchase

martha borkowski

the price of bad choices
Spaulding's novel, The Purchase, is a barebones portrayl of frontier life in 1800 near the Virginia/Kentucky border. A well-meaning but inept Quaker, widowed and the father of five, struggles through out with his faith, his misfortune, and his own repeated bad choices. the resulting story is both gripping and yet depressing. it is a tale where both nature and nurture conspire to defeat many of the characters best efforts to succeed. readers of historical fiction will be pleased with the depth of accurate detail, and fiction readers will appreciate Spaulding's same gift for detail as she crafts her characters.

• Book Jacket: Do Not Become Alarmed
    by Jeffrey Lent

Win News of the World

The Weight of Ink
    by Rachel Kadish

An intellectual, suspenseful, and entertaining page-turner.

T's S I Numbers