Read what people think about The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty, and write your own review.

The Husband's Secret

by Liane Moriarty

The Husband's Secret

• Published in USA  Jul 2013

There are currently 2 reader reviews for The Husband's Secret

Power Reviewer Kelli Robinson (11/24/14)

Much More Than Australian Chick Lit
Some readers have described this book as light Australian chick lit perfect for the beach. I read my fair share of chick lit beach reads but I would NOT place Liane Moriarty's The Husband's Secret in that category. This book is much more substantial than that description. Instead, expect to be challenged by this read. The first challenge is to keep straight the many (seemingly) unrelated characters that you will be introduced to in the first few chapters. The next challenge will unfold as the book progresses. The author let's you in to the thoughts and feelings of these characters as each faces and tackles some pretty daunting life obstacles. Your challenge is to refrain (if you can) on passing judgment too soon. Would you feel the same way given the same obstacle? Would you take the same action? This book is definitely a great beach read but don't expect to just sit on the sidelines, sipping a fruity drink. You will be mentally engaged in the story whether you like it or not. Expect this one to be made into a movie!
JeanT (10/10/14)

We All have Secrets!
This is one of the best books I've read all year! I really didn't know what to expect, but the author pulled me into the story quickly and held my interest throughout. She did an excellent job of bringing together multiple threads of multiple life lines and weaving them together in a totally credible fashion. I was quite impressed with her insights on the darker side of our human natures and more than once recognized a character's snide thought or comment that I've had in my own head and never shared out loud. This would definitely be a good book club read as there is a lot of material to generate discussion.

• Book Jacket: The Invisible Life of Ivan Isaenko
    The Bones of Grace
    by Tahmima Anam

All the Ugly and Wonderful Things
    by Bryn Greenwood

A memorable coming-of-age tale about loyalty, defiance, and the power of love.

The Invisible Life of Ivan Isaenko