Read what people think about The Good Lord Bird by James McBride, and write your own review.

The Good Lord Bird

by James McBride

The Good Lord Bird by James McBride

• Published in USA  Aug 2013
    Genre: Historical Fiction

There is 1 reader review for The Good Lord Bird

Carol (12/25/13)

Step into History
Having just finished reading THE GOOD LORD BIRD, I am impressed with the voice James McBride uses to describe the times. It is a part of history, that I would not want to dwell on and yet I felt drawn into the story and the connection with "the good lord bird that don't run in a flock. He flies alone."
From the checking I did it seems to be historically accurate. Thank you Mr. McBride for presenting a different perspective.

• Book Jacket: Pachinko
    Lincoln in the Bardo
    by George Saunders

The Sellout
by Paul Beatty

The first book by an American author to win the prestigious Man Booker Prize.

Caught in the Revolution
    by Helen Rappaport

The Fifth Petal
    by Brunonia Barry

Beware the man of one book

K Your F C