Read what people think about The Girl You Left Behind by Jojo Moyes, and write your own review.

The Girl You Left Behind

by Jojo Moyes

The Girl You Left Behind by Jojo Moyes

• Published in USA  Aug 2013
    Genre: Historical Fiction

There is 1 reader review for The Girl You Left Behind

Leah L. (08/28/13)

JoJo strikes again!
JoJo Moyes has a unfailing gift of creating characters who get under your skin, staying with you long after you finished reading her books. Sophie is a deliciously warm, kindhearted person who goes to all ends to help her family and fellow townsmen during the German occupation of France during World War I. The reader will have a special place in their heart for Edith, a "fallen woman" who is more three-dimensional than most of the people in town. Modern-day Liv, whose own circumstances are rather individual as she is a young widow, is at a crossroads in her life. She nevertheless stands by her principles as did Sophie and Edith decades earlier. And who would think that a child to whom Sophie gave a home holds the cards in the end? Well-written, JoJo Moyes paints a picture of little known details about World War I. Keep them coming, JoJo!

• Book Jacket: Hillbilly Elegy

The Atomic Weight of Love
by Elizabeth J. Church

Mercies in Disguise
    by Gina Kolata

A story of hope, a family's genetic destiny, and the science that rescued them.

Our Short History
    by Lauren Grodstein

There are two kinds of light - the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.

O My D B