Read what people think about Dream with Little Angels by Michael Hiebert, and write your own review.

Dream with Little Angels

by Michael Hiebert

Dream with Little Angels by Michael Hiebert

• Published in USA  Jun 2013
    Genre: Mysteries

There is 1 reader review for Dream with Little Angels

Power Reviewer Diane S.

Dream with Little Angels
A small southern town in Alabama in the fifties, a town still reeling from the loss and death of a child twelve years ago, is the setting for this novel. It is being compared with "To Kill a Mockingbird" which I have read but so long ago I do not feel comfortable commenting on the comparison. Abe and Dewey are two twelve year olds, curious and nosy enough to question and have theories about everything. When two more girls go missing, one black and one white, Abe question why the all white church is only praying for the white girl. His mother, who is a police officer, tries to teach him about racism and many other things.

Suspense is certainly present, as is the slow languid pace of a southern storytelling novel. The prose, especially the dialogue is a delight as are the conversations between Abe, his mother, his friend Dewey and his sister, who is trying to grow up to fast at fourteen and his uncle. I enjoyed this novel and look forward to many more from this author. Abe and Dewey are a hoot, as a friend of mine used to say.

• Book Jacket: Before We Sleep