Read what people think about The Good Luck Girls of Shipwreck Lane by Kelly Harms, and write your own review.

by Kelly Harms

• Published in USA  Jul 2013

There are currently 28 reader reviews for The Good Luck Girls of Shipwreck Lane

Susan S. (Salem, OH) (06/30/13)

The Good Luck Girls of Shipwreck Lane
This is the perfect summer beach read..not too light with well developed characters...Kelly harms "Good Luck Girls of Shipwreck Lane" reminded me of reading Jennifer Weiner's " Good In Bed" one wonderful summer.. I was thinking about the good luck girls even when I put the book down. Enjoy!
Ariel F. (Madison, WI) (06/13/13)

What are the chances?
What are the chances of two people in the same city having the same name and winning a house in a Home Sweet Home sweepstakes? This debut novel by Kelly Harms takes you thru their journey. Experience their joys, frustration, trials and tribulations as you go on their journey. Who is the true winner or are they both winners?

I enjoyed reading this novel. I recommend this for a book club or for solo reading. It is a quick read.

My local bookstore will be having Harms in for a reading and signing after her official announcement. I can't wait to meet her and hear her talking about writing this novel. And if we can expect a sequel telling us what happens after the first year!
Sherri A. (Westbrook, CT) (06/03/13)

Good Luck Girls are a good good time...!
Two young women from the same city with the same name and that very name is called as the winner of an amazing house giveaway...what are the chances? I almost cringed when I started this; I knew it'd be either really good or a pure and total letdown...and SO GOOD it was! Shades of early Fannie Flagg, funny, humorous and heartwarming, with characters you want to invite over for a barbeque and beers. The only slight issue I have with this good time of a novel is that both women had "gorgeous guy" encounters almost immediately, in small town Maine..I mean really, what are the chances?
Sherrill B. (Columbia City, IN) (05/30/13)

It was very confusing. even though each chapter was titled I still had trouble figuring out who was talking. Also it never went anywhere not much action or adventure and all they did was cook and make bread. I didn't like the book.
Mary Beth S. (Mequon, WI) (05/21/13)

The Good Luck Girls are our good luck!
Warmth, frustration, love, trust, spirit - gently mix together and let flavors meld over the course of a year. Two women who share the same name each think they have won the HomeSweetHome Network's Free Home Sweepstakes. One is a scrappy fighter, the other an amateur chef. Both have had their share of misfortune and long for a second chance in life and yearn for a family they can call their own. When the real winner is revealed, the second homeowner-hopeful declares squatter's rights in order to continue living in a dream home on the coast of Christmas Cove, Maine. This is the world of The Good Luck Girls of Shipwreck Lane, debut novel of Kelly Harms. It is a delightful read that entertains you from the first page to the last, welcoming you to small town New England, drawing you in to the lives of Janey and Nean Brown, and leaving you longing for more.
Barb W. (Mechanicsburg, PA) (05/18/13)

Good Luck Girls
A perfect beach read, this book hooked me almost from the first page. As a fan of both cooking shows and dream home contests, I couldn't help but love the premise of the book. The characters reminded me of some of my friends and co-workers, which made the book even more enjoyable. I will certainly recommend this book to anyone looking for a fun, summer read!
Beth B. (New Wilmington, PA) (05/18/13)

Like a box of Cracker Jack -- a surprise in each chapter
Definitely do not miss this treasure!! Put aside the title that hides its true essence and immerse yourself in this story of three very unique women's journeys and their connection to a house, also a character of sorts. Each chapter begins with a gemlike quote by a cookbook author since food and its preparation are crucial to the plot. Warning: reading this will trigger salivation as well as a reminder of how much we connect food with memories of those we love.

Suggestions for a book club: come up with a better title and solve the puzzle of the foil-wrapped paper plate in the last chapter of section two. Intrigued? I hope you are and will indulge in this creme brulee of a book.
Rayna T. (Auburn, CA) (05/18/13)

The Good Luck Girls of Shipwreck Lane
I really enjoyed this book. I laughed often and read it when I really needed to relax. I liked all the characters, especially Aunt Midge. She was wonderful, loved her sense of humor and how she handled the 2 girls. It was so interesting to see how the 2 girls finally evolved from how they started in the beginning of the book.

I would recommend this book to anyone who wanted to enjoy themselves for a day or two just relaxing and reading this book.

I intend to pass it on to many of my book reading friends.

Thanks for sending me this book.

• Book Jacket: So Say the Fallen
    by Brit Bennett
    by Tom Jackson

North of Crazy
    by Neltje

The remarkable life of a woman who carves her own singular path.

Cruel Beautiful World