Read what people think about The Good Luck Girls of Shipwreck Lane by Kelly Harms, and write your own review.

The Good Luck Girls of Shipwreck Lane

by Kelly Harms

The Good Luck Girls of Shipwreck Lane by Kelly Harms X
The Good Luck Girls of Shipwreck Lane by Kelly Harms

• Published in USA  Jul 2013

There are currently 28 reader reviews for The Good Luck Girls of Shipwreck Lane

Janice T. (Ruckersville, VA) (04/27/13)

Boring chicklit
This book started out as sort of funny and different. After winning the house it turned boring and predictable. I found myself skimming through chapters and then I finally skipped to the the last couple of chapters where everything come together as I had predicted it would.
Bonnie B. (Port St. Lucie,, FL) (04/27/13)

Good Chick-Lit
Janey and Nean both think that they're the winners of a one million dollar home through a contest on the television. They have the same names and live in the same town - Janine Brown of Cedar Falls, Iowa.

Janey works as a seamstress but her true love is cooking. Aside for her Aunt Midge, she is as solitary as people get. "My first instinct is to hide. This is my first instinct in any situation that involves people I have never met. She even gets hives from talking to strangers. She is not that excited at first about winning the house but her Aunt Midge is thrilled.

Nean is involved with an abusive boyfriend, one in a string of losers who are either abusive, drunks, or take advantage of her in one way or another. She is so excited to win the house that she takes the first bus she can to Maine in order to see it.

The book is about these two women and their contest for the home. It is chick-lit in the best sense of the word. The book is catchy and a page-turner. I really enjoyed it.
Power Reviewer Joan (Miller Place, NY) (04/26/13)

A Dream House by the Ocean
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It's a light, pleasant read, a perfect beach book. If you have always wondered what happens to the "HGTV Dream House" contestants and you love to cook this book is for you. It has broad appeal for so many readers. It is the perfect "escape" book. Put your feet up, pour a glass of wine, relax and enjoy "The Good Luck Girls…." I can't wait to read Ms. Harms next book.
Diane D. (Blairstown, NJ) (04/24/13)

Heartwarming & Fun
Two girls named Janine Brown...one enters a contest to win a fabulous house in Maine; the other's aunt enters her name, without her knowledge. The first is SURE she is going to win it, but it turns out that the other one does.

Both girls go to claim the house, and things get dicey, when they meet up. The book keeps you hooked, as you read along, waiting for things to blow up. Both girls have image problems, and there are love interests for both of them as well.

The aunt, Midge, is a funny gal...quirky and stabilizing at the same time. I really enjoyed the book and couldn't put it down, till I finished it. It is a light read, which is something most of us need now & then. Those who like romance will like it, but the story behind the girls' lives is what makes it a good book, so don't let that put you off.

• Book Jacket: Killers of the Flower Moon
    Killers of the Flower Moon
    by David Grann
    Voted 2017 Best Nonfiction by BookBrowse's Subscribers

The long, sorrowful list of injustices done ...
  • Book Jacket: The Dry
    The Dry
    by Jane Harper
    Voted 2017 Best Debut Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

After receiving a letter from his childhood...
  • Book Jacket: Little Fires Everywhere
    Little Fires Everywhere
    by Celeste Ng
    Voted 2017 Best Fiction by BookBrowse's Subscribers

Small towns, big drama. Acclaimed author ...
  • Book Jacket: La Belle Sauvage
    La Belle Sauvage
    by Philip Pullman
    Voted 2017 Best Young Adult Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

I wasn't quite sure what to expect ...

The Second Mrs. Hockaday by Susan Rivers