Read what people think about The Execution of Noa P. Singleton by Elizabeth L. Silver, and write your own review.

Summary | Discuss | Reviews | More Information | More Books

The Execution of Noa P. Singleton

by Elizabeth L. Silver

The Execution of Noa P. Singleton by Elizabeth L. Silver

• Published in USA  Jun 2013

There are currently 2 reader reviews for The Execution of Noa P. Singleton

Sandi W.

The difference of a few chapters....
Starting this book I had high expectations - the synopsis was good, the premise was wide open and I was ready for the best. The first quarter of the book was left to details of Noa's life , prior trial and prison. I did feel that this may have lasted a bit longer than was necessary ~~ background is good, but after a while you just want to move on with the story and get to the meat of the book. With that said, I do believe that this is Silver's first novel and all in all this was a minor flaw in an overall good book. The next half of the book dealt with Noa's crime and her imprisonment. This was never in question ~~ she was guilty ~~ and calmly awaiting her execution date. However in the last quarter of the book was when the plot thickened. This is the portion of the story that took me from 3 stars to 4 stars. For a new author I felt that the cause and effect elements and the number of surprises in this last portion were excellent. Things were not as they had appeared and twists just kept coming. Well worth the slow beginning to see it appear much differently as the story ends. This is an author that I will definitely read again.
MomMom46

Not for me
I received this book through First Impressions and was looking forward to reading it based on the rave reviews.The writing was too wordy for me and it was hard to feel sympathetic towards any of the characters. Noa is on death row,six months before her execution date and she has never said a word in her own defense. The author slowly reveals Noa's troubled youth,her psychological makeup and the truth behind the murder she is convicted of committing.All of the other characters presented have their own agendas,not helping Noa in any way. The story was interesting but I will not pass the book along to my friends.

• Book Jacket: Midwinter Break

Love and Other Consolation Prizes
    by Jamie Ford

Win If the Creek Don't Rise

If the Creek Don't Rise

A debut novel bursting with heart, honesty, and homegrown grit.

Y Can't M A S P O O A S E