Read what people think about A Man Without Breath by Philip Kerr, and write your own review.

A Man Without Breath

Genre: Mysteries

There is 1 reader review for A Man Without Breath

JeanT (08/19/15)

History and Mystery!
I really enjoyed this book. I wasn't sure what to expect with the theme of a German policeman investigating murders in Nazi Germany in 1943. The author seemed to have done a great deal of historical research, using an actual atrocity as the basis for the novel. It provided a reminder that not all Germans were Nazis or supporters of Hitler and the consequences, potential or actualized, for choosing that stance. I really enjoyed learning more about this period of history from this perspective. As a lover of the mystery genre, I felt the mystery element more than held its own with historical theme. Would definitely recommend this book to mystery and historical fiction lovers.

One Month Free Membership