Read what people think about The Silence of Bonaventure Arrow by Rita Leganski, and write your own review.

by Rita Leganski

• Published in USA  Feb 2013

There is 1 reader review for The Silence of Bonaventure Arrow

Power Reviewer Diane S. (04/25/13)

The Silence of Bonaventure Arrow
Thank you , thank you Rita Leganski for writing this wonderful and magical novel, In a week that has seen so much tragedy in so many places, involving so may people, I was sorely in need of a little magic. This novel features some wonderful people, not least little Bonaventure Arrow who cannot speak but can hear things other people cannot. The prose is like liquid, it flows fluently and freely. Yet all is not sweetness and light, it is New Orleans in the 1950's, a place of root and voodoo and hoodoo and some strange going-ons. There are family secrets, religion and sadness and one particular dark happening that will tragically effect the future. Ultimately there is a secret and once that is found there will be forgiveness and love and new chances at life. I often see authors asked what one novel did they wish they could read again for the first time. I wish I could start this one over but alas. I may have found one of the few books I can see myself reading again. One must suspend a little belief, and like the atmospheric New Orleans and quite a bit of magical realism to love this novel.

One Month Free Membership

The Invisible Life of Ivan Isaenko
    by Scott Stambach

"An auspicious, gut-wrenching, wonderful debut." - Kirkus, starred review

The Book That Matters Most
    by Ann Hood

An enthralling novel about love, loss, secrets and friendship.

Girl Waits with Gun