Read what people think about Close My Eyes by Sophie McKenzie, and write your own review.

Close My Eyes

by Sophie McKenzie

Close My Eyes by Sophie McKenzie

• Published in USA  Jul 2013
    Genre: Thrillers

There are currently 40 reader reviews for Close My Eyes

Power Reviewer Judy G. (Carmel, IN) (04/06/13)

Partially hooked
I was engaged and enjoying this book until it reached the latter chapters of the book when the plot was winding up to its conclusion. A couple of things just struck me wrong (don't want to spoil the plot for review readers) and I never did buy into the rest of the ending. For this reason my rating for this book is only average as it does not measure up to the work of other authors' work for 4-rated books.
Diane D. (Cape Elizabeth, ME) (04/06/13)

Not so thrilling....
Although I wanted to love this book, as it was reminiscent of Gone Girl and Before I go to Sleep, I found it lacking. The twists, even though far-fetched, were also predictable. It is a quick read, but for me, not ultimately rewarding.
Shelby L. (Hamden, CT) (04/04/13)

Better Than Some
Gen is married to Art. Eight years ago she lost her baby as a stillborn or so she believes. For eight years she has whined, wept and hoped, not living her life.
If you can get through the first 100 pages or so of this book you'll find the character development superb, the plot twisty and suspenseful and very gratifying.
It just takes a while to get there and at times you'll wonder why Art or Gen's friends and family haven't insisted on therapy or hospitalization to help her through the quick sand of grief in which she is stuck.
I do wonder though when I give a book like this a 4 where would I rate something like Wuthering Heights or The Invisible Bridge? I think we need a wider number spread as on a scale of 1-10. I might then put this as a 7.
Power Reviewer Sue J. (Wauwatosa, WI) (04/04/13)

Page turner!
I read Close My Eyes in two days, couldn't put it down! The story begins with Geniver and her husband Art going for a consultation for yet another IVF procedure. Eight years ago, Geniver delivered a stillborn girl and hasn't been successful in getting pregnant again. A women shows up a few days later at her door claiming that her baby was born alive and the doctor took her away while she was still under the anaesthetic. Close My Eyes unwinds as a story that is both complicated and compelling. I highly recommend this book, it was a fascinating read!
Caryl L. (Williamsburg, VA) (04/04/13)

Close my eyes
WOW! What a book. It's not often that I find a book that keeps riveted right to the end. A masterful read. The characters are well written, drawing the reader into their lives and problems. The plot has many twists and turns leaving the reader wondering. The final twist at the very end. I will look for Sophie McKenzie's next book eagerly.
Kathleen W. (New Brighton,, MN) (04/03/13)

You must be patient, dear reader!
The first 100 pages of CLOSE MY EYES started very s-l-o-w-l-y for me. I must admit to a few times when I momentarily thought about stopping. My advice to you, dear reader? DON'T. Once this story gets going, it absolutely gallops. As the chapters progress, many characters weave in and out and the reader acquires one bit and then another bit and then another bit as the plot unfolds. I, for one, never saw THAT ending coming! I have to say that I even halved my daily walk routine to read a few more chapters in between sessions ... something I have never done before.
While some have compared CLOSE MY EYES to GONE GIRL and BEFORE I GO TO SLEEP, I do believe it falls short of those marks but once this book takes off, it is a run away train until the very last page. My second piece of advice, dear reader? Find a comfortable chair for the last 250 pages of this book and clear your calendar for you are "in it to finish it.!"
Power Reviewer Portia A. (Mount Laurel, NJ) (03/30/13)

Wow! A real roller coaster ride..
If psychological thrillers appeal, this is a must-read. The characters felt real and the twists of plot held my interest on every page from the first to last. It was almost impossible not to read straight through just to see what was to happen.
And what did happen will leave you breathless.
Sue Z. (Mooresville, NC) (03/30/13)

Close My Eyes
Like many of the other reviewers of this book, I read it in one sitting and, like them I am sure that it will be a big seller. However, unlike many others, I read it to find out "why" because I was tipped off as to "who" . The author gave it away by her choice of the names of the main characters in the story. Anyone familiar with anything to do with the legend of Camelot would spot this too. As an American reader I also found the many references to London stores and current British slang a little strange ( although only a minor detail) Nevertheless I enjoyed the book, it was a fun read.

The Summer Before the War

A Piece of the World
    by Christina Baker Kline

I See You
    by Clare Mackintosh

Never read a book through merely because you have begun it

K Your F C