Read what people think about Close My Eyes by Sophie McKenzie, and write your own review.

by Sophie McKenzie

• Published in USA  Jul 2013
    Genre: Thrillers

There are currently 40 reader reviews for Close My Eyes

Aleksandra E. (Alpharetta, GA) (04/09/13)

Highly enjoyable, with predictable & unpredictable plot twists
This novel gripped me from the very beginning and often kept me reading way past my bedtime. I found myself accurately predicting some aspects of the plotline while also being highly suprised with others. It's a really interesting and suspenseful read that kept me hooked until the very last page.
Leann A. (Springfield, IL) (04/09/13)

Close My Eyes by Sophie McKenzie
This is one of those books that I think of as brain candy. It doesn't require much effort and is very entertaining. Yes, you do have to suspend your disbelief, but if you can do that, you're in for an enjoyable read as the plot twists and turns and each character seems potentially shadier than the one before. I expect to see this one made into a movie--either on Lifetime or in the theater. Could go either way.
Diana J. (Highland Falls, NY) (04/09/13)

Gone Girl from a different viewpoint
Loved this book as well...the cover reviews compare it to Gillian Flynn's 'Gone Girl'...very much along the same lines. This book kept me up at night to finish it. You don't know at first just who can be trusted, who is deceiving, who is being deceived. As the author builds the psychological profiles of the main characters, you have no idea who is 'normal' and who has a screw loose. Fun, fun read, and will keep your interest through the entire book. The ending is a shocker. Highly recommend this book.
Mary S. (Hilton Head Island, SC) (04/09/13)

Best In A Long Time!
Just when I thought I was never going to find another novel that I thoroughly enjoyed, along came "Close My Eyes". I read this book in one sitting, captivated by the story line and characters. In the tradition of Ruth Rendell, the were twists and turns right to the last page. The author had a subtle way of drawing you into the story and then proceeded to destroy your preconceptions about where the story was leading. An excellent book which I plan on recommending to all of my friends.
Kristen H. (Lowell, MA) (04/08/13)

Crazy or not?
Is Gen crazy for thinking that those around her are keeping secret ? It has been a rough few years for Gen since losing her baby and she is starting to feel like she is ready to start living again until she is given information that her baby might still be alive.

This story kept me on the edge of my seat with fully developed characters and a great story line. I would recommend this book to anyone who is looking for a book to keep you up at night because it is too good to put down.
Carolyn R. (Eugene, OR) (04/08/13)

The Supremes At Earl's All-You-Can-Eat
I really enjoyed the four stories. Each character was unique yet they all came together beautifully at the end. Because this book told the story of four women's lives, I wondered if the male author could get inside a woman's head to reveal how she thought. He did a great job. An enjoyable read.
Power Reviewer Carol T. (Ankeny, IA) (04/07/13)

Good read but gullible protagonist
Gripping read - once I truly was able to disregard reality and the gullibility of the protagonist. The author does know how to put together a plot and keep the reader turning pages. Now, if she can just develop a truly believable premise....
Madeline M. (FL) (04/07/13)

Close My Eyes
I would actually give this a 4 and 1/2 rating if I could. When I wasn't reading this book, I wanted to be reading it! It is fast-paced with an underlying urgency and a sweeping suspense that carried me along, even over a few of the rough spots that kept me from giving this a 5 rating. If you're in the mood for a mystery/thriller, definitely pick this up.

In the Country of Men
    Coffin Road
    by Peter May

Win All the Gallant Men

All The Gallant Men

The first memoir by a USS Arizona survivor, 75 years after Pearl Harbor.

K Y Eyes P