Read what people think about Close My Eyes by Sophie McKenzie, and write your own review.

by Sophie McKenzie

• Published in USA  Jul 2013
    Genre: Thrillers

There are currently 40 reader reviews for Close My Eyes

Shirley D. (Amherst, MA) (04/14/13)

CLOSE MY EYES
Close My Eyes kept me from all activity other than turning pages because I was totally absorbed in the action of the plot and its twists and turns. In the end, just as I was drawing a relaxed breath, I was "blown away". No fair checking the end first – you need to experience the suspense to fully appreciate McKennzie's talent. This is one of the best books I have read in a long time – just don't start reading unless you have the time to keep reading until the very end!
Jan T. (Leona Valley, CA) (04/13/13)

Close My Eyes
This is a psychological suspense novel which brings to mind "Before I Go to Sleep". It is an interesting and quick read which drew you quickly into the character's lives. There were many twists and turns and a shocker ending. I felt there were too many twists making the novel implausible. I also thought the romantic relationship was a bit contrived. This mystery will be a big hit because of its suspense. Although, saying this makes me cringe - I think it will make a better movie than novel.
Julie D. (Rancho Palos Verdes, CA) (04/13/13)

What a thriller!
Just finished "Close My Eyes" and couldn't put it down! What a great book.

I read "Close My Eyes" in almost one sitting. It was that good. Just when I thought it figured it out, I as wrong. It wasn't a book where you waited and waited for things to happen. Things were happening at every turn. I don't want to give anything away, but the ending is chilling.

I would highly recommend this book. The characters are all so flawed and suspicious, giving the reader so much fodder for thought.
Harriette K. (Northbrook, IL) (04/11/13)

Close My Eyes
The scene opens in the book with a couple going for consult on further fertility measures. We find out that previous ones haven't worked and that Gen had lost a child in stillbirth eight years previously. Art, the husband, is a highly successful businessman, who works in investments that are ethical and socially and environmentally responsible. He is on the verge of moving into high government circles. Gen is a published writer who has done very little writing since the loss of her child. The plot is extremely convoluted and to try to explain it would be giving away too much. This is the main reason that I give this a 4 instead of a 5. That being said, this was a very good read. The author kept me on the edge and guessing for most of the book....almost to the last pages.
Power Reviewer Chris W. (Temple City, CA) (04/11/13)

page turner
The only reason I didn't read this book in one sitting was that I started it too late at night. It was difficult to know which characters to trust and/or which characters might be imagining events. The reader was taken on this thriller ride right along with Geniver. I didn't think it started slowly. I was captivated by her story and character from the beginning and then was pulled in for all the twists and turns. Was she naive or just overwhelmed with unexpected news that seemed too good to be true? Fast-paced, plenty of suspense, quite the page turner. I definitely see this as a future movie. With the differing opinions of reviewers on this site (the beginning is slow or not, plot is unbelievable or not, characters are likable/believable or not, etc.), perhaps this would be a good book for a book club to discuss the various reactions. I would definitely recommend this book.
Kimberly H. (Stamford, CT) (04/10/13)

Close My Eyes- please!
I read this book in 2 days- rushed through it as i found it totally unbelievable and would not have read it if did not get it through Book Browse. I guess for people who like to read psycho- mystery drama it was okay. Its not even a beach book- too strange and not well written. Sorry for the negativity- too many great books to read out there.
Terri M. (Jacksonville, FL) (04/10/13)

Close My Eyes
The first 125 pages were so slow. I didn't find the characters likeable. Are people really as gullible as Gen? By the time the story picked up, somewhere close to the middle, I was tired of Gen's whining and no longer sympathetic. The whole thing was more far-fetched than thrilling.
Lori L. (La Porte, IN) (04/10/13)

Psychological Thriller
This is one of those books that starts kind of slow, but then the psychological tension builds and builds until you find yourself staying up late to finish the book. Almost Hitchcock-ian (is that a word?) in the way it makes you question the heroine's sanity as the story twists and turns and then there is this unexpected jolt at the end. Great escapist reading...I can see someone enjoying this on a beach, drink in hand.

In the Country of Men
    Coffin Road
    by Peter May

Win All the Gallant Men

All The Gallant Men

The first memoir by a USS Arizona survivor, 75 years after Pearl Harbor.

K Y Eyes P