Read what people think about The Last Girl by Jane Casey, and write your own review.

The Last Girl

A Maeve Kerrigan Novel

by Jane Casey

The Last Girl by Jane Casey

• Published in USA  May 2013
    Genre: Mysteries

There are currently 27 reader reviews for The Last Girl

Betty B. (Irving, TX) (04/10/13)

Satisfying English Mystery
This was my first introduction to Jane Casey's DC Maeve Kerrigan. I enjoy British mysteries, and this book did not disappoint. Even though I found Maeve a little irritating at times, I still wanted to know more about her case and her personal life. And I was never bored along the way. I recommend for anyone who enjoys British "detecting". I'll certainly be looking for other Maeve Kerrigan books.
Power Reviewer Portia A. (Mount Laurel, NJ) (04/05/13)

A good mystery
I really enjoyed this book..set in London, it is a police story and mystery. The characters felt real and it was well plotted. My only regret was that I hadn't read her previous book since DC Maeve Kerrigan is a continuing character. I was able to follow but knowing more would have added to my interest. Still, it is a good read!
Eileen F. (Drexel Hill, PA) (04/05/13)

Kerrigan's case
This book is part of a series but you can read it as a stand alone. There are references to incidents in earlier books. The story took off at the beginning with a brutal murder. The group of detectives working it keep the story going with their constant back and forth as well as their personal relationships. Maeve Kerrigan is someone you want to know more about. I would like to read the other Kerrigan books.

Discover your next great read here

• Book Jacket: The Twelve Lives of Samuel Hawley
    The Twelve Lives of Samuel Hawley
    by Hannah Tinti
    Hannah Tinti follows her spectacular 2008 debut, The Good Thief, with a novel of uncommon ...
  • Book Jacket: Music of the Ghosts

The Nest
by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney

No One Is Coming to Save Us
    by Stephanie Powell Watts

One of Entertainment Weekly, Nylon and Elle's most anticipated books of 2017.

The Stars Are Fire
    by Anita Shreve

They say that in the end truth will triumph, but it's a lie.

Y S M B, I'll S Y