Read what people think about The House of Rumour by Jake Arnott, and write your own review.

Summary | Discuss | Reviews | More Information | More Books

• Published in USA  Mar 2013

There is 1 reader review for The House of Rumour

ylhoff

What?
I really tried to like this book. It was like a long, winding discourse on science, war, sex, drugs, authorship and people whose lives were just messed up .. by themselves.

I give the author points for never losing the somewhat ephemeral tone of the novel ... even when switching gears from one story line to the next.

The story is not quite one thing or enough of the another to place it firmly in any particular genre.

However, this would be a great book for either a college course or a bookclub that loves an intellectual challenge.

• Book Jacket: The Water Will Come
    The Water Will Come
    by Jeff Goodell
    Standing in a Manhattan neighborhood after Hurricane Sandy, Jeff Goodell, a contributing editor at ...
    Pachinko
    by Min Jin Lee
    Wolf Season
    by Helen Benedict
  • Book Jacket: La Belle Sauvage
    La Belle Sauvage
    by Philip Pullman
    Voted 2017 Best Young Adult Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

I wasn't quite sure what to expect ...

Ginny Moon by Benjamin Ludwig

The Days When Birds Come Back
    by Deborah Reed

The Milk Lady of Bangalore
    by Shoba Narayan

A charming story about our deep connection to the animals who live among us.

Win Mothers of Sparta