Read what people think about The House of Rumour by Jake Arnott, and write your own review.

Summary | Discuss | Reviews | More Information | More Books

The House of Rumour

by Jake Arnott

The House of Rumour by Jake Arnott

• Published in USA  Mar 2013

There is 1 reader review for The House of Rumour

ylhoff (05/08/13)

What?
I really tried to like this book. It was like a long, winding discourse on science, war, sex, drugs, authorship and people whose lives were just messed up .. by themselves.

I give the author points for never losing the somewhat ephemeral tone of the novel ... even when switching gears from one story line to the next.

The story is not quite one thing or enough of the another to place it firmly in any particular genre.

However, this would be a great book for either a college course or a bookclub that loves an intellectual challenge.

• Book Jacket: Hillbilly Elegy

The Atomic Weight of Love
by Elizabeth J. Church

Mercies in Disguise
    by Gina Kolata

A story of hope, a family's genetic destiny, and the science that rescued them.

Our Short History
    by Lauren Grodstein

Use what talents you possess: The woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best

O My D B