Read what people think about Peking to Paris by Dina Bennett, and write your own review.

Peking to Paris

Life and Love on a Short Drive Around Half the World

by Dina Bennett

Peking to Paris

• Published in USA  May 2013
    Genre: Biographies & Memoirs

There are currently 19 reader reviews for Peking to Paris

Power Reviewer Donna W. (Wauwatosa, WI) (03/11/13)

Adventurous Trip
This was an interesting look at an adventurous road trip. The author conveyed the sense of adventure inherent in driving a vintage car through faraway places. Not an everyday experience by any means! She told her story with humor and wonderful description. I felt like I was along for the ride. This book was part travelog, part exploration of human relationships, and part history lesson. A very well written book.
Power Reviewer Anna R. (Oak Ridge, TN) (03/08/13)

What a Trip!
Okay, if you have ever wondered what it would be like to be in a classic car with your husband for 30 days racing half way around the world, this is the book for you! Oh yes, it would be especially fun if you suffer from car sickness. Told from the wife's view point, it is funny, scary and highly entertaining. A fun read!
Power Reviewer Lani S. (Narberth, PA) (03/06/13)

witty travelogue
In this amusing book, the author recounts her trip with her fearless husband in a 1940 Cadillac La Salle (alias Roxanne) for an antique automobile race from Beijing to Paris. Never having driven distances without car sickness, this intrepid traveler outlines the various stumbling blocks along the way, and exposes her emotional self with raw honesty. The novel brings to light this special universe and highlights the difficult interplays between other drivers and the environment. This witty novel is perfect for those who love a sense of adventure and exploring different habitats and customs.

• Book Jacket: All We Have Left
    by Louise Penny
  • Book Jacket: Homegoing
    Homegoing
    by Yaa Gyasi

The less we know, the longer our explanations.

The Big Holiday Wordplay: