MLA Gold Award Site

Read what people think about The Jericho Deception by Jeffrey Small, and write your own review.

by Jeffrey Small

• Published in USA  May 2013
    Genre: Thrillers

There are currently 22 reader reviews for The Jericho Deception

Kathy M. (Neptune Beach, FL) (03/11/13)

a pleasant surprise
When I received "The Jericho Deception" I was not sure at all how I was going to feel about reading this. The description sounded very highbrow and I was sure that the subject matter was going to be a struggle to read. However, I loved this book. It was a fascinating subject about the possibility of producing religious visions and ecstasy and as in all good thrillers the misuse of this knowledge. I had been looking for a 'can't put down read' and this was it. It would make for a great beach or vacation read. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
Molly B. (Longmont, CO) (03/10/13)

Fun and Creativity Outweigh Flaws
This was a fun and interesting read, despite belabored elements. The premise is fascinating – that a machine can trigger divine revelations. Deeper understanding of the relationship between physical and spiritual worlds results from epileptic seizures or their replications by human-directed energy, via machine. Mr. Small's story line about the use of this ability is wild – to convert different religions to Christianity through machine-created mystical experiences to promote world peace, and to change the balance of power in terrorist countries, not through commerce or war, but through religion. I forgive Mr. Small for beating me over the head with the romantic and personal dilemmas, where the obvious is stated and then restated, because I enjoyed his crazy story and his nuggets about God. One such offering is that God is in a dimension that we humans can't understand, and that "Art, nature, beauty, love, peace, and the mystical states associated with religion may be our glimpses at this divine reality."
Daniel A. (Naugatuck, CT) (03/09/13)

The Jer1ch0 Decept10n
Question: What do you get when you combine these items - 1. A machine that taps into your seeing-God part of your brain, 2. The CIA, and 3. The Middle East?
Answer: A fascinating story with many twists and turns with plausible situations and memorable characters that just maybe would make you lose some sleep or a meal or two because you want to keep reading. Recommended for fans of mystery, suspense and thrillers.
Mary R. (San Jose, CA) (03/07/13)

Could there be a God Spot in our brains?
The Jericho Deception is a multi-faceted novel about the discovery of a way to turn on the God Spot in the brain and how that discovery becomes a military tool for brainwashing people. The book is fast paced and the characterizations are vivid. You can't help but grow to love Ethan and Rachel and worry if Mousa will be saved. Just when you think you have it figured out, there's a twist in the story. It had me guessing right up to the last page, with a possible hint of a sequel. I can definitely see this as an action film.
Jeanette L. (Marietta, GA) (03/06/13)

The Jericho Deception
This fantastic novel will have your brain working overtime; Jeffrey Small's writing reminds me of Dan Brown with all the intrigue, the thrills and surprising conclusion. This is a compelling story of scientists, modern technology and the search for mystical sensations and the meaning of God. It is perfectly balanced and fast paced.
Angela S. (Hartland, MI) (03/06/13)

Hooked from the beginning.
I was intrigued by the plotline for the The Jericho Deception and the book did not disappoint. I was hooked from the beginning. Normally a book that toggles between characters in each chapter is confusing, but in this case, the layout built the suspension and increased the pace of the reading. It would be easy to imagine this book becoming an action packed movie along the lines of The DaVinci Code. An interesting, thoughtful storyline full of action and deeper insights into who we are, what we believe and how we are all linked together.

• Book Jacket: Everyone Brave is Forgiven
    Everyone Brave is Forgiven
    by Chris Cleave
    I've always been interested in the history of the Blitz, the period of intense aerial raids of ...
  • Book Jacket: Saving Montgomery Sole
    Saving Montgomery Sole
    by Mariko Tamaki
    Understanding identity is one the most important parts of adolescence. For some teenagers, those who...
  • Book Jacket: All Tomorrow's Parties
    All Tomorrow's Parties
    by Rob Spillman
Win The 100 Year Miracle

50 Copies to Give Away!

The 100 Year Miracle is a rich, enthralling novel, full of great characters.

Spinster
by Kate Bolick

A bold, original, moving book that will inspire fanatical devotion and ignite debate.

The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper
    by Phaedra Patrick

In a poignant and sparkling debut, a lovable widower embarks on a life-changing adventure.

The Alaskan Laundry
    by Brendan Jones

A fresh debut novel about a young woman who moves to Alaska and finds herself through the hard work of fishing.

I I A Sign O T T