Read what people think about Where You Can Find Me by Sheri Joseph, and write your own review.

by Sheri Joseph

• Published in USA  Apr 2013

There are currently 37 reader reviews for Where You Can Find Me

Sarah H. (Arvada, CO) (03/12/13)

Getting lost... not the same as losing yourself in a book. "While Where You Can Find Me" had the potential for the latter, there were times where the flashbacks made it feel disjointed. The story was original and heartfelt, but the hit or miss characters and back and forth timing made it fall short.
Elaine M. (Beaver Falls, PA) (03/10/13)

Where You Can Find Me
This was a very memoriable book about life after a kidnapped child is returned after three years. Sheri Joseph uniquely reveals each character's thoughts and fears about the kidnapping and aftermath. When the family relocates.the reader sees how the characters grow and adjust to their "new life". Through flashbacks. the reader learns what happened during the child's kidnapped years. This book was a fast and unforgettable read.
Sherri A. (Westbrook, CT) (03/10/13)

Where you can find me
I really wanted to love this book--and I could have, if only Marlene were not a part of it. As a character, she failed miserably. I found her to be predictable, and, yawn, boring. She was more alive when her son was missing then after he was found. the parts of the novel where Caleb thinks back on his "Nicky" time are alive, vibrant, and left me wanting more; much more. The page-turning ending? Another yawn as well...
Debbie M. (Grand Junction, CO) (03/03/13)

Where You Can Find Me
Caleb was kidnapped at age 11 and returned to his family when he was 14. He's trying to find his place in his family, as his family tries to adapt to having him back.
It was an interesting subject, but I found that the story dragged in places and I had trouble connecting some events that were described. I also, felt the ending was abrupt, leaving me with unanswered questions.
Kathy S. (Danbury, CT) (03/02/13)

Where You Can Find Me
I've heard that books considered "literature" do not usually sell well commercially, and "Where you Can Find Me" falls into that category for me. While I can see the appeal of this book on a scholarly level (evidenced by the fellowship and university support), I expected this story to be about Caleb, his experiences and the effect the kidnapping and subsequent reunion had on his family. The book begins after Caleb has been rescued and returned to his family by the FBI. The events of the kidnapping itself and the three years Caleb was "gone" are told in veiled flashbacks. Although Caleb was the main character, Marlene's relationships really detracted from what little story there was.

I usually read 3-4 books a week, and this book dragged on forever. I found myself looking for interruptions to avoid reading it. I was expecting a grand story devoted to the impact Caleb's kidnapping had on his family and their efforts to refocus and rebuild their family when Caleb returned. This book had so much potential and could have been an outstanding read.
Lisa R. (Salem, OR) (03/01/13)

New Author
I am somewhat hesitant in my review of this book. I think the book is very well written, and the story is different than I have read before. That said, it was more difficult to get through, jumping back and forth in time. I also felt there was just not enough expansion of some of the characters, and demanded too much suspension of reality to suit my taste. It's a difficult subject though, so this book might well suit a different reader.
Debra C. (Vienna, GA) (03/01/13)

Where You Can Find Me
At first, I used the age rule: Before you put a novel down, read the number of pages equal to your age. After fifty-five pages, I made myself age another twenty years; unfortunately, as I ended the novel, I was the age of Methuselah!!! Joseph's
novel just didn't capture me - children, abduction, abuse, beautiful setting, marriage issues, and family responsibilities - suggest a great read. It never happened...too many details, too much description, and action without dialogue plagued her latest novel.
Ginny H. (Troutdale, OR) (02/27/13)

Where You Can Find Me.
This is a story about an 11-year-old boy who was abducted by a pedophile and discovered 3 years later and returned home to his family. His mother moves him and his sister to Costa Rica to remove him from the limelight of the media. This is an uncomfortable book to read, although I felt compelled to read ahead. I had a feeling of dread throughout as though afraid of the outcome. I had feelings of compassion for the son and daughter but frustration with the mother. I felt like the book just dropped off rather than come to a successful conclusion.

• Book Jacket: Of Arms and Artists

Cruel Beautiful World
    by Caroline Leavitt

North of Crazy
    by Neltje

The remarkable life of a woman who carves her own singular path.