Read what people think about Parlor Games by Maryka Biaggio, and write your own review.

Parlor Games

by Maryka Biaggio

Parlor Games by Maryka Biaggio

• Published in USA  Jan 2013
    Genre: Historical Fiction

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Parlor Games

Elizabeth (Liz) Klein (04/05/13)

Great setting, flawed character, good reading
Since I'm from the Midwest and have lived in Chicago and Wisconsin, I found the setting of Parlor Games of special interest. I had a little trouble getting into this book at the beginning, because I found the character hard to like. That feeling continued until the end, but the author's writing style and the historical setting and the research it displayed kept me going. Since this story is based on a real person, the character flaws are not something created by the author. I'd like to see her write a future book about a woman (or man) with a more admirable nature.
Toby Saks (03/14/13)

A delightful surprise of a book!
I totally enjoyed reading this book! It's a sly and witty story of a charming woman who is actually a con artist and perhaps almost a bordeline person in her morals. I couldn't put this book down and read in all day so that I could finish it since it was so engrossing. May Dugas was an actual person but this is a partially fictionalized historical novel. If you like vicariously living a unique woman's life of indulging her whims and staying ahead of the law again and again, then you will certainly enjoy reading it.

All Tomorrow's Parties
    by Rob Spillman
  • Book Jacket: Strangers in Their Own Land
    Strangers in Their Own Land
    by Arlie Russell Hochschild
  • Book Jacket: The Dry
    The Dry
    by Jane Harper
    After receiving a letter from his childhood friend's father, Aaron Falk, a Melbourne police officer ...

The Sellout
by Paul Beatty

The first book by an American author to win the prestigious Man Booker Prize.

The Fifth Petal
    by Brunonia Barry

Home Sweet Home
    by April Smith

From the widely praised author of the FBI Special Agent Ana Grey series, a stunning novel set in the McCarthy era.

Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering.

K Your F C