Read what people think about Parlor Games by Maryka Biaggio, and write your own review.

Parlor Games

by Maryka Biaggio

Parlor Games

• Published in USA  Jan 2013
    Genre: Historical Fiction

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Parlor Games

Elizabeth (Liz) Klein (04/05/13)

Great setting, flawed character, good reading
Since I'm from the Midwest and have lived in Chicago and Wisconsin, I found the setting of Parlor Games of special interest. I had a little trouble getting into this book at the beginning, because I found the character hard to like. That feeling continued until the end, but the author's writing style and the historical setting and the research it displayed kept me going. Since this story is based on a real person, the character flaws are not something created by the author. I'd like to see her write a future book about a woman (or man) with a more admirable nature.
Toby Saks (03/14/13)

A delightful surprise of a book!
I totally enjoyed reading this book! It's a sly and witty story of a charming woman who is actually a con artist and perhaps almost a bordeline person in her morals. I couldn't put this book down and read in all day so that I could finish it since it was so engrossing. May Dugas was an actual person but this is a partially fictionalized historical novel. If you like vicariously living a unique woman's life of indulging her whims and staying ahead of the law again and again, then you will certainly enjoy reading it.

The Sellout
by Paul Beatty

The first book by an American author to win the prestigious Man Booker Prize.

Rise
    by Cara Brookins

How a house built a family. An inspiring real-life story.

The Girl Before
    by JP Delaney

An enthralling psychological thriller of duplicity, death, and deception.

Win No Man's Land

No Man's Land
by Simon Tolkien

The Sellout
    by Paul Beatty
    Paul Beatty's The Sellout was one of those books that flew somewhat under the radar when it was...
  • Book Jacket: Ruler of the Night
    Ruler of the Night
    by David Morrell
    Amateur sleuth Thomas De Quincey is back in a mystery set in Victorian England. This time, he and ...
  • Book Jacket: A List of Cages