Read what people think about Parlor Games by Maryka Biaggio, and write your own review.

Parlor Games

by Maryka Biaggio

Parlor Games by Maryka Biaggio

• Published in USA  Jan 2013
    Genre: Historical Fiction

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Parlor Games

Toby Saks

A delightful surprise of a book!
I totally enjoyed reading this book! It's a sly and witty story of a charming woman who is actually a con artist and perhaps almost a bordeline person in her morals. I couldn't put this book down and read in all day so that I could finish it since it was so engrossing. May Dugas was an actual person but this is a partially fictionalized historical novel. If you like vicariously living a unique woman's life of indulging her whims and staying ahead of the law again and again, then you will certainly enjoy reading it.
Elizabeth (Liz) Klein

Great setting, flawed character, good reading
Since I'm from the Midwest and have lived in Chicago and Wisconsin, I found the setting of Parlor Games of special interest. I had a little trouble getting into this book at the beginning, because I found the character hard to like. That feeling continued until the end, but the author's writing style and the historical setting and the research it displayed kept me going. Since this story is based on a real person, the character flaws are not something created by the author. I'd like to see her write a future book about a woman (or man) with a more admirable nature.

• Book Jacket: Priestdaddy
    by Thomas Rydahl

Win News of the World

The Weight of Ink
    by Rachel Kadish

An intellectual, suspenseful, and entertaining page-turner.

T's S I Numbers