Read what people think about The Last Runaway by Tracy Chevalier, and write your own review.

The Last Runaway

by Tracy Chevalier

The Last Runaway by Tracy Chevalier X
The Last Runaway by Tracy Chevalier
  • Readers' rating:

• Published in USA  Jan 2013
    Genre: Historical Fiction

There is 1 reader review for The Last Runaway

Power Reviewer Dorothy T.

The Last Runaway
I am such a fan of Tracy Chevalier, starting with "Girl With a Pearl Earring," and this new novel does not disappoint. As I read I thought I knew who the last runaway would be, but not until the end did it become clear.

Once again Chevalier combines warm, clear writing with a well-researched subject, taking the reader into the time of slavery in the US along with Honor Bright, a young Quaker immigrant striving to overcome challenges to make a place for herself in her new country. The juxtaposition of Honor's Quaker ideals and the sometimes violent circumstances of the times is an inspired idea. As always, Chevalier has created characters I came to like and care about.

• Book Jacket: The Story of Arthur Truluv
    by Louise Erdrich

The Second Mrs. Hockaday by Susan Rivers

Strangers in Budapest
    by Jessica Keener

Any activity becomes creative when the doer cares about doing it right, or better.

E Dog H I D