Read what people think about The Last Runaway by Tracy Chevalier, and write your own review.

The Last Runaway

Genre: Historical Fiction

There is 1 reader review for The Last Runaway

Dorothy T.

The Last Runaway
I am such a fan of Tracy Chevalier, starting with "Girl With a Pearl Earring," and this new novel does not disappoint. As I read I thought I knew who the last runaway would be, but not until the end did it become clear.

Once again Chevalier combines warm, clear writing with a well-researched subject, taking the reader into the time of slavery in the US along with Honor Bright, a young Quaker immigrant striving to overcome challenges to make a place for herself in her new country. The juxtaposition of Honor's Quaker ideals and the sometimes violent circumstances of the times is an inspired idea. As always, Chevalier has created characters I came to like and care about.

The Last Ballad
    by Wiley Cash
    The Graybar Hotel
    by Curtis Dawkins
  • Book Jacket: We Own the Sky
    We Own the Sky
    by Luke Allnutt
    Rob and Anna Coates have an idyllic life together; they have successful careers, love each other ...
  • Book Jacket: Some Trick
    Some Trick
    by Helen DeWitt
    In this erudite collection of 13 stories, Helen DeWitt explores the theme of stymied creativity, ...

The Women in the Castle by Jessica Shattuck

A Place for Us
    by Fatima Farheen Mirza

Book Club Giveaway!
Win If You See Me, Don't Say Hi

If You See Me, Don't Say Hi
by Neel Patel

Patel's stories offer a bold and timely new literary voice.

M T G Before I S