Read what people think about The Last Runaway by Tracy Chevalier, and write your own review.

The Last Runaway

by Tracy Chevalier

The Last Runaway by Tracy Chevalier
  • Readers' rating:

• Published in USA  Jan 2013
    Genre: Historical Fiction

There is 1 reader review for The Last Runaway

Power Reviewer Dorothy T. (11/21/13)

The Last Runaway
I am such a fan of Tracy Chevalier, starting with "Girl With a Pearl Earring," and this new novel does not disappoint. As I read I thought I knew who the last runaway would be, but not until the end did it become clear.

Once again Chevalier combines warm, clear writing with a well-researched subject, taking the reader into the time of slavery in the US along with Honor Bright, a young Quaker immigrant striving to overcome challenges to make a place for herself in her new country. The juxtaposition of Honor's Quaker ideals and the sometimes violent circumstances of the times is an inspired idea. As always, Chevalier has created characters I came to like and care about.

• Book Jacket: Pachinko
    Lincoln in the Bardo
    by George Saunders

The Sellout
by Paul Beatty

The first book by an American author to win the prestigious Man Booker Prize.

I See You
    by Clare Mackintosh

Caught in the Revolution
    by Helen Rappaport

Courage - a perfect sensibility of the measure of danger, and a mental willingness to endure it.

K Your F C