Read what people think about Ghostman by Roger Hobbs, and write your own review.

by Roger Hobbs

• Published in USA  Feb 2013
    Genre: Thrillers

There are currently 22 reader reviews for Ghostman

Mary S. (Hilton Head Island, SC) (02/13/13)

Just Okay
Fairly well written, but too much detail and a fairly predictable ending.
Elizabeth K. (Dallas, TX) (01/30/13)

Ghostman - A Thrilling Debut Novel
The main character may be a bad guy, but author Roger Hobbs gives him a clear voice and a code of standards. The hero of Ghostman is a compelling character, and I found myself on his side, rooting for him, despite his off-the-grid criminal lifestyle. The story begins with a botched casino robbery and the hunt for the missing stolen money, which must be recovered quickly before the evil employer who hires Jack Delton, one of many aliases the Ghostman uses, is destroyed. Jack finds himself caught between his scary employer and the even scarier Wolf, a criminal mastermind who owns Atlantic City. The plot twists and turns and the reader wonders who to believe, who to trust, and what to do next, right along with Jack. This amazing story is well-researched, thrilling, and intriguing to the very end. I plan to read everything this author writes, and I look forward to his next book, where I hope we'll not only see more of Jack, but more of the mysterious Angela, as well.
Charlene M. (Murrells Inlet, SC) (01/29/13)

Ghost Man - Roger Hobbs
Ghost Man reads like a Mickey Spillaine whodunit. Hobbs creates an anti-hero, Jack Delton, who you're not sure you should root for or hide your wallet. The words come at you like a machine gun, fast and furious. A terrific book which should be a terrific movie. Al Pacino would be a great Marcus. I look forward to reading his second novel.
Mary B. (St Paul, MN) (01/21/13)

Ghostman
As I read the first few pages of GHOSTMAN I didn't think I was going to enjoy the book, but it did not take long for me to change my mind. Two stories are unraveled as Hobbs goes back and forth in time leaving the reader in suspense as he goes back to other story. The transition from one story to another can sometimes be confusing but that is not the case for GHOSTMAN. The author's descriptions of places and people are very good. The story is about criminals and criminal activity and the violence that goes along with it, so GHOSTMAN is not for someone who is looking for a "light read".
Elaine M. (Beaver Falls, PA) (01/16/13)

Ghostman
Move over David Baldasci, Vince Flynn, and Lee Child, Roger Hobbs had arrived. Ghostman is an interesting, fast paced first book for Hobbs.
Unlike the authors mentioned, Hobb's character is completely on the wrong side of the law. His protagonist is not the enforcer; but has to clean-up for the enforcer!
This was an unusual read since one finds himself "rooting" for the bad guy and understanding him completely.
When the book is finished, one realizes just how important the cleaner's job is in the scheme of things.
Book clubs would have a great discussion of the main character's main purpose and methods. The book members may even ask themselves, is he really that different from a Jack Reacher?
I enjoyed the book immensely and hope there will be more like this.
Julie R. (Woodland, CA) (01/16/13)

Ghostman
"Ghostman" is a well written thriller featuring a professional imposter named Jack. Jack is skilled in changing his appearance and voice to match any disguise he is trying to pull off. This skill comes in handy when he needs to disappear after a job or to avoid being caught by the police or FBI. This novel begins with Jack being called in to clean up a botched casino robbery for his colleague Marcus. Little does Jack know that repaying a favor my cost him his life. Will Jack succeed in capturing a missing robber and find the missing money or get caught in the cross fire.

If you are a fan of Dan Brown or Michael Connelly you will like this one. Congratulations to Roger Hobbs in producing a thriller that has won this fan.
Jennifer B. (Oviedo, FL) (01/16/13)

Impressive!
It is unusual to feel a rush of excitement from a first novel, but that is the case with Ghostman. His descriptive writing made me feel as if I were taking a part in each scene described. Roger Hobbs's style of writing is intelligent without being showy. His method of switching from one heist tale to another kept me interested all the way through the book. Not once did I feel bored.
Samantha H. (Golden, CO) (01/14/13)

Ghostman -- entertaining, quick moving suspense
Clever and well written, Ghostman by Roger Hobbs is a great suspense novel, filled with twists and turns. I found it hard to put down. The main character, whose real name is never revealed, is a compelling person who manages to survive even as every step of the way is filled with obstacles. What a wonderful debut.

• Book Jacket: Here I Am

Darling Days
    by iO Tillett Wright

The Tea Planter's Wife
    by Dinah Jefferies

An utterly engrossing, compulsive page-turner set in 1920s Ceylon.

This Must Be the Place
by Maggie O'Farrell

Win Blood at the Root

Blood at the Root

"A gripping, timely, and important examination of American racism."
- PW Starred Review