Read what people think about Rage Against the Dying by Becky Masterman, and write your own review.

Rage Against the Dying

by Becky Masterman

Rage Against the Dying by Becky Masterman

• Published in USA  Mar 2013
    Genre: Thrillers

There are currently 27 reader reviews for Rage Against the Dying

Cynthia C. (Peekskill, NY) (01/03/13)

Unexpected heroine
The prologue captured my interest immediately, but after that, I was a little disappointed. While I enjoyed the storyline, I never really connected with the characters. Having said that, I thought it was a good first effort and I'd read Ms. Masterman's next novel.
Deborah D. (Old Forge, NY) (01/02/13)

Enjoyable read
I enjoy a good mystery or thriller and was not disappointed. The story kept my interest and moved right along. There were times when you wonder who is the hunter and who is being hunted. A good book that brings up questions and keeps you guessing
what will happen next.
Diane D. (Cape Elizabeth, ME) (01/02/13)

Fast & Furious!
Rage Against the Dying by Becky Masterman is just what I look for in a thriller, a great protagonist, a good storyline and lots of suspense! Her retired FBI agent Brigid Quinn is memorable, the thriller moves at a good pace and I enjoyed the descriptive prose. I would definitely read another book by this author.
Sarah H. (Arvada, CO) (01/01/13)

Storyline better than characters
The storyline is creative, the beginning is engaging but somewhere the characters fall flat. They are cliche or stereotypical. The writing can also be somewhat straightforward and plain, which tells the story rather than allowing the reader to engage with it. The story kept me reading but I wasn't left wanting more.
Lydia M. (Lakeview, Oregon) (12/31/12)

Certain to THRILL you!
To take a thought put forth early in the story...this book grabs you with both hands by the lapels and does not let go. I read this novel in two reading sessions, could have done it in one, but life got in the way.
The story line, suspense and pace of "Rage Against The Dying" is unfaltering and flawless. Bringing the "Thrill" back in this "Thriller" is executed with unsurpassed skill by Becky Masterman. Bravo! May I have another?!
Power Reviewer Colleen L. (Casco, ME) (12/30/12)

Once FBI always FBI?
As an older reader, it's nice to read about an older character who is still sharp mentally and physically. Brigid Quinn is retired FBI and still haunted by an old case that she handled for many years and was unable to bring to fruition. The book starts very quickly with action being taken to Brigid and then backtracks to help the reader understand Brigid's background.

I thoroughly enjoyed the speed at which the book moved along and read the book in one sitting. The story is involved and you can empathize with both of the female FBI agents.

This would make a great action movie and I can easily see Jodie Foster as Brigid. What an edge of your seat thriller this would make! Buy the book and enjoy!!!!
Barbara F. (Saint Louis, MO) (12/30/12)

I like books a bit more realistic
Unrealistic characters,(the heroine is braver than Bond) unrealistic dialogue, strange relationships and a silly protracted ending just didn't do it for me...That being said, it was not boring, just not memorable or realistic.
Patricia H. (Norman, OK) (12/26/12)

Are we ever free from the ghosts of our past?
Is an ex-law officer ever really able to leave it behind? Are there some officers for whom truth and justice are more important than rules and protocol? These questions are not directly addresses but certainly give the reader a chance to ponder.

A well written story with two strong believable female characters who have strengths and weaknesses on which the plot depends rather than a string of violent situations. I look forward to future efforts by this author.

All Tomorrow's Parties
    by Rob Spillman
  • Book Jacket: Strangers in Their Own Land
    Strangers in Their Own Land
    by Arlie Russell Hochschild
  • Book Jacket: The Dry
    The Dry
    by Jane Harper
    After receiving a letter from his childhood friend's father, Aaron Falk, a Melbourne police officer ...

The Sellout
by Paul Beatty

The first book by an American author to win the prestigious Man Booker Prize.

Caught in the Revolution
    by Helen Rappaport

Home Sweet Home
    by April Smith

From the widely praised author of the FBI Special Agent Ana Grey series, a stunning novel set in the McCarthy era.

If passion drives you, let reason hold the reins

K Your F C