Read what people think about All You Could Ask For by Mike Greenberg, and write your own review.

by Mike Greenberg

• Published in USA  Apr 2013

There are currently 28 reader reviews for All You Could Ask For

Gin H. (Troutdale, OR) (11/15/12)

All You Could Ask For
I never expected a man to so convincingly capture the heart and soul of a woman. In this case, he tapped into the personalities and emotions of three unique women.
Laura P. (Atlanta, GA) (11/14/12)

Actually, you could ask for more....
Mike Greenberg's story of three Greenwich, CT, women (unconnected in the early part of the story) who link up through a common crisis left me lukewarm. i read all the hype on the back of the book about how surprising it was that a man could understand a woman's perspective so deeply - but what I found inside was some pretty conventional chick lit that didn't require lots of insight, The story is poignant, the tone is sensitive, and the characters have distinct and sympathetic personalities, but the book is also pretty cheesy - and there is absolutely NO dramatic tension. The story line, while an easy and pleasant read, provides no surprises, and that was disappointing.
Power Reviewer Doris K. (Angora, MN) (11/11/12)

All You Could Ask For
Don't give up on this book. I almost did in the beginning as I thought it was going to be a frivolous novel, not worth reading. As the story of these three women progresses their lives become fascinating.

The three women have very different personalities and lifestyles.This shows in the life choices they make. Because of these choices this book will result in a good discussion for a book club.

After a slow start I did find this book to be a good read.
Power Reviewer Portia A. (Mount Laurel, NJ) (11/05/12)

"Chick Lit" at it's Best
Mike Greenberg, sports reporter extraordinary, seems to understand how women think; and he has expressed it in this story of three strong intelligent women handling
their own situations and then coming together to give help when help is needed...to tell more would be a spoiler...read this book and you will understand.

• Book Jacket: A Gentleman in Moscow
    Night of the Animals
    by Bill Broun

The Tea Planter's Wife
    by Dinah Jefferies

An utterly engrossing, compulsive page-turner set in 1920s Ceylon.

Under the Udala Trees
by Chinelo Okparanta

Raw, emotionally intelligent and unflinchingly honest--a triumph.

Win Blood at the Root

Blood at the Root

"A gripping, timely, and important examination of American racism."
- PW Starred Review