Read what people think about All You Could Ask For by Mike Greenberg, and write your own review.

by Mike Greenberg

• Published in USA  Apr 2013

There are currently 28 reader reviews for All You Could Ask For

Debbie-Lyn C. (Kitty Hawk, N.C.) (11/22/12)

all you could ask for
I felt the cover was misleading, giving the appearance of a self help book instead of an easy read I had a hard time putting down. The book was very unique in the way the last line of one character's section lead into the first line of the next character's section. This technique showed the similarities of the 3 characters. I enjoyed learning the background of each character in Part One and seeing how their character uniqueness lead to personal decisions in Part Two. The way exercise was an important part of each character's life almost inspires me to join them!
Anne D. (Westbrook, Maine) (11/21/12)

Slightly predictable, though heartwarming
"All you Could Ask for" by Mike Greenberg was surprisingly insightful into the minds and hearts of 3 women , all undergoing change in their lives. The women, Brooke, Samantha and Katherine are all wealthy, beautiful and fit;all the ingredients of a good Lifetime movie . Their lives intertwine as adversity touches each of them , and brings them together as only women can understand. Women and Mike Greenberg that is ! It is definitely a side of the sportswriter that you have never seen .
MaryAnn W. (Northville, Michigan) (11/20/12)

Warm-Hearted Fantasy
As a sports fan, I often listen to Mike Greenberg's sports talk show, "Mike and Mike in the Morning" and so I was curious to see how he tackled fiction that seemed pretty obviously "chick lit." Indeed, the first part of the book recalls the stories that as a teenager I used to read in women's magazines: impossibly beautiful, intelligent, accomplished women looking for love in all the wrong places. An interesting – if a bit odd – thread that runs through the three women's lives in this story is their reliance on sports and personal fitness to cope with emotional adversity. Their lives intersect in the second part of the book, expressed in epistolary style through email posts, and the plot gains a realistic measure of pathos. This story was surprisingly vivid and engaging, despite the obvious clichés, and often very funny. A quick read with few plot surprises.
Malinda N. (Wheeling, WV) (11/20/12)

All You Could Ask For
This was a quick easy read. The subject matter lends to good discussion for a book club. I found the three different stories to be easy to read and digest but I never found myself relating to any of the three women on any deep level. Although the subject matter is one that all women can relate to I felt the characters were not that believable or real and for that reason I wasn't a huge fan of the book.
Power Reviewer Daniel A. (Naugatuck, CT) (11/19/12)

All You Can Ask For
I enjoyed reading this book, but not at first. The story is told in two parts and part one was like a scene from a lost episode of "Sex in the City", and I'm not a fan of the show. The second part was the serious side of the story and was worth reading. Overall this is a must read for women.
Marta M. (Santa Ana, CA) (11/19/12)

all you could ask for
I enjoyed reading this book but I would have liked it to be a little deeper. The characters are interesting but a little too cliche. All of them were beautiful, rich, and successful. On a story about breast cancer I would have liked at least one of them to have had money difficulty, been in a bad relationship, or at least had to struggle with kids and family. These women were all kind, smart, and the type of women I only see when I open the society page of the newspaper. Breast cancer hits all women and a lot of them don't have the resources that these women had. The book would have been greatly improved by the addition of someone who wasn't rich or beautiful.
Arden A. (Lady Lake, FL) (11/17/12)

Three Women, One Disease
One thing about this book is that I can't wrap my head around the fact that it is written by a man. Mike Greenberg is a man, isn't he? He is the same Mike Greenberg who is co-host of ESPN's Mike and Mike in the morning, isn't he? This book is written in the first person of the three women, and deals with a very sensitive topic for women, and he pulls it off exceptionally well.

The other thing that struck me about this book is that all three women speak the same. There is a lack of nuance that would help distinguish each from the other. If close attention isn't paid to their individual stories, one could be mistaken for the other. Of course, the chapter heads make it clear who is speaking. Chapter heads are necessary in this book.

I enjoyed the book, and I would recommend it. especially to women, and especially to those women who have dealt with breast cancer.
Nancy L. (Zephyrhills, FL) (11/16/12)

All You Could Ask For
What a fabulous surprise this book was! My assumption, upon seeing that the book was about three strong women and that the author was male, was that the story would be filled with stereotypes. This was not to be the case. I became engrossed in these women and their stories and could not put the book down. I wondered how author Mike Greenberg would blend these three separate stories together, but he did so quite ably. This was a great read that I enjoyed from beginning to end and it should appeal to most readers of women's fiction.

• Book Jacket: Holding Up the Universe
    The Guineveres
    by Sarah Domet

Win All the Gallant Men

All The Gallant Men

The first memoir by a USS Arizona survivor, 75 years after Pearl Harbor.

K Y Eyes P