Read what people think about All You Could Ask For by Mike Greenberg, and write your own review.

by Mike Greenberg

• Published in USA  Apr 2013

There are currently 28 reader reviews for All You Could Ask For

John P. (Timonium, MD) (11/28/12)

All you could ask for in a book
Brooke, Samantha and Katherine became a part of my life from the very start. The three strong independent women each of whom had difficult relationships with men and family were fully developed as characters who did not take an easy path through life.
The circumstances that bring them together is compelling, tragic and gives the reader an insight to true emotions.
A great read for a book club with a great deal to discuss, contribute and challenge.
Sarah R. (Chattanooga, Tennessee) (11/28/12)

All You Could Ask For
Greenberg's characters are women, whose lives are touched by crisis, first in their 20's, later in their 40's, but how distinctly their problems change. Emotions that cloud thinking, especially when the women are young, are not as fierce when they mature. Readers breathe easier as maturity points the way, and the emotional roller-coaster ride reaches resolution in a testimony to love.
The only negative response that I have to this work is the "self-help" language used by the major characters; I have worked in major market TV, and even there, women do not use the "F___" word. I find that language unnecessary and offensive.
Theresa R. (Sierra Madre, CA) (11/28/12)

Easy Read
I thought this book was well written and a quick and easy read. I liked the way he brought his characters to life, and I found myself wanting to know what was going to happen to them. Not sure if I would choose it for a book club selection, but I could see why some people would want to. All in all, it was a decent book but not very memorable.
Linda W. (Summit, NJ) (11/27/12)

Three sides of a coin
This novel is about 3 seemingly disconnected women who at first only have an upper class economic status in common. Halfway through the story this foundation has a seismic shift that brings all three women into a new relationship. The book is written in first person observations and storytelling that I thought lacked substance. I did not connect with the self-satisfied suburbanite, the well off financial wiz or the athletically fit daddy dependent young woman. Their individual responses to a medical crisis did not resonate with my experience or friends.

It was a good airplane read - mildly entertaining but forgettable...
Jenna B. (Fairfield, CA) (11/26/12)

Quite Surprised
I was quite surprised at how good this book was considering who it was written by. I am quite familiar with Mike Greenberg and his show on ESPN so I was very intrigued to read this story. It's unbelievable that it was written by a man and not by a woman. I will know longer look at Mr. Greenberg in the same way. Kudos, to a book very well written. Will be telling all I know to add this to their Christmas list as a must read!
Brenda S. (Apple Valley, MN) (11/25/12)

From Good to Great
This was one of the best books I've read this year. It keeps a person's interest from page one. Three women...three different lifestyles, and yet, one common theme. We are women, we are sisters, we shall always be there for each other. Mike starts the book off well with the competitiveness of all hard-working women and yet brings us together for the second half. Kudos!!
Jan T. (Leona Valley, CA) (11/25/12)

All You Could Ask For
This is a very heart warming story of three women facing a mutual crisis. I felt an emotional bond to these women and admired each of their stories. I am astounded this book was written by a man as I was when reading any book by Wally Lamb. This would be an excellent book for a book club composed of mostly women. He captured the emotional spectrum of life. I will recommend this book to all my women friends - it is an ode to female friendship. Five Stars!!!
Power Reviewer Anna R. (Oak Ridge, TN) (11/23/12)

Unexpected
When I discovered the author of this book was Mike Greenberg of "Mike and Mike in the morning;" I thought what does he know about women? Well, was I surprised. The thoughts and actions of the three women seemed so real. He made their emotions believable and I could "see" the characters. I couldn't put the book down because I wanted to find out what happened. The ending was just right.
Well done, Mike.

Commonwealth
    by Ann Patchett

The Tea Planter's Wife
    by Dinah Jefferies

An utterly engrossing, compulsive page-turner set in 1920s Ceylon.

Darling Days
    by iO Tillett Wright

Sweet Caress
by William Boyd

Win Blood at the Root

Blood at the Root

"A gripping, timely, and important examination of American racism."
- PW Starred Review