Read what people think about Sutton by J.R. Moehringer, and write your own review.

Sutton by J.R. Moehringer

• Published in USA  Sep 2012
    Genre: Historical Fiction

There is 1 reader review for Sutton

MaryAnn Santagata (04/24/13)

Sutton: Bank Robber & Intellectual
I just finished reading Sutton by J. R. Moehringer and enjoyed every chapter.
In Chapter One, I chuckled when the prison stated that "Prisoners aren't allowed to have psychology books. The warden thinks they'll hypnotize each other."
The author did a fabulous job of revealing both the reporter's and the photographer's personalities.
Willie Sutton's story flips back and forth between the current Sutton (released from prison in 1969) and the earlier Sutton. The author clearly depicts life in Irish Town and the poverty within, as well as growing up in Brooklyn during the Great Depression.
I truly recommend this book to readers who want an in-depth story of the greatest bank robber in the world.

Discover your next great read here

• Book Jacket: Castle of Water
    by Mark Kurlansky
  • Book Jacket: Temporary People
    Temporary People
    by Deepak Unnikrishnan
    In this powerful and innovative collection of 28 short stories, Deepak Unnikrishnan presents a ...

The Nest
by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney

Manderley Forever
    by Tatiana de Rosnay

Bestselling author Tatiana de Rosnay pays homage to Daphne du Maurier.

If We Were Villains
    by M. L. Rio

I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library

Y S M B, I'll S Y