Read what people think about Sutton by J.R. Moehringer, and write your own review.

Sutton by J.R. Moehringer X
Sutton by J.R. Moehringer

• Published in USA  Sep 2012
    Genre: Historical Fiction

There is 1 reader review for Sutton

MaryAnn Santagata

Sutton: Bank Robber & Intellectual
I just finished reading Sutton by J. R. Moehringer and enjoyed every chapter.
In Chapter One, I chuckled when the prison stated that "Prisoners aren't allowed to have psychology books. The warden thinks they'll hypnotize each other."
The author did a fabulous job of revealing both the reporter's and the photographer's personalities.
Willie Sutton's story flips back and forth between the current Sutton (released from prison in 1969) and the earlier Sutton. The author clearly depicts life in Irish Town and the poverty within, as well as growing up in Brooklyn during the Great Depression.
I truly recommend this book to readers who want an in-depth story of the greatest bank robber in the world.

• Book Jacket: The Overstory
    by Patricia Hampl

Music of the Ghosts by Vaddey Ratner

The Girl Who Smiled Beads
    by Clemantine Wamariya & Elizabeth Weil

A riveting story of survival, and the power of stories to save us.

Win The Leavers

The Leavers by Lisa Ko

One of the most anticipated books of 2017--now in paperback!

T E H N Clothes