Read what people think about The Pigeon Pie Mystery by Julia Stuart, and write your own review.

The Pigeon Pie Mystery

Genre: Mysteries

There are currently 2 reader reviews for The Pigeon Pie Mystery

Becky H

The Pigeon Pie Mystery
What a lovely book! I enjoyed the descriptions of life in a "grace and favor" residence during the time of Queen Victoria. The characters are delightful and the mystery intriguing. The only thing I thought lacking was the "romance" of Mink, the main character. I was glad to have the map of Hampton Court when Mink and Pooki were traveling about the grounds. I laughed often at the antics of the various residents. Altogether a most satisfying read. I'm looking forward to more from this author.
Dorothy T.

A very fun read
Just as she did in her previous novel, "The Tower, the Zoo, and the Tortoise," Julia Stuart has taken a cast of interesting characters--all with intriguing secrets or stories about their pasts--and has set them into a famous British landmark, this time Hampton Court Palace. The difference here is the time, the end of the 19th century, and the murder-mystery storyline. The heroine, Alexandrina--aka Mink--follows a labyrinth of clues to clear the name of her maid, and in the process is able to win the confidence of the various inhabitants of the novel. All this is presented with the author's trademark talent for humor and description that gave me the feeling I could see just what was going on. (Make my pie chicken, though, thank you.)

• Book Jacket: The Wife Between Us
    The Wife Between Us
    by Sarah Pekkanen, Greer Hendricks
    The Wife Between Us is an intriguing collaboration between first-time novelist Greer Hendricks and ...
  • Book Jacket: The Wife Between Us