Read what people think about The Forgetting Tree by Tatjana Soli, and write your own review.

The Forgetting Tree

by Tatjana Soli

The Forgetting Tree

• Published in USA  Aug 2013

There are currently 35 reader reviews for The Forgetting Tree

Power Reviewer Barbara O. (Maryland Heights, MO) (08/05/12)

A Magical Journey
"The Forgetting Tree" is Claire's story, at first, her happy successful life, then tragedy followed by numbness and illness. A page turner as you journey with Claire back to her youth and forward through great pain to peace. Vivid in it's scent and color and characters, this is a beautiful and magical story.
Power Reviewer Bobbie D. (Boca Raton, FL) (08/05/12)

Forgetting Tree Forgetable
Liked reading about a woman (Claire) who, in the course of her life went through love and family, to disease and loss of family and then toward survival. The woman, brought in to help,( Minna) ,interesting at first, became bizarre. Once the author did a flashback with Minna, the continuity of the book stopped! I wanted Claire back! Just too weird. Was glad to finally get back to the main character to see how her life would continue.
A lot of what I liked in the beginning, re: the lemon tree, faded away.
Mary W. (Millbury, MA) (08/01/12)

The Forgetting Tree by Tatjana Soli
At this time I can say that I somewhat enjoyed this book, but I feel that after it is published and read by more and discussed by book groups, a good one for that, in my mind it will be a book that I recommend to be read. In other words it will grow on me. The writing was good, very descriptive of an orchard and the California landscape but the plot dragged in the middle and grew sparse at the end. It will cause discussion on the belief of magic, the physical healing of the body and the power of the mind.

• Book Jacket: A Gentleman in Moscow
    Night of the Animals
    by Bill Broun

The Tea Planter's Wife
    by Dinah Jefferies

An utterly engrossing, compulsive page-turner set in 1920s Ceylon.

Under the Udala Trees
by Chinelo Okparanta

Raw, emotionally intelligent and unflinchingly honest--a triumph.

Win Blood at the Root

Blood at the Root

"A gripping, timely, and important examination of American racism."
- PW Starred Review