Read what people think about The Right-Hand Shore by Christopher Tilghman, and write your own review.

The Right-Hand Shore

by Christopher Tilghman

The Right-Hand Shore

• Published in USA  Apr 2012
    Genre: Historical Fiction

There is 1 reader review for The Right-Hand Shore

Bob Nolin (10/20/12)

A wonderful novel deserving a lot more attention
After finishing this well-crafted novel, and enjoying it immensely, I went to LibraryThing to enter it into my list of books read. I was shocked to see that NO ONE on LT has read this book. In my opinion, the writing is up there with Cold Mountain: it's that good. The characterization was a bit weak, I suppose, but that's a minor complaint. The writing itself is just gorgeous, so maybe only a writer (or, in my case, a writer-in-training) would find that reason enough to read it. My wife couldn't get into it, thought it was too slow-moving.

This is an excellent historical fiction that tries to recreate a time and place, to give the reader a feel for what life was like then. It isn't the typical historical fiction novel that's really a romance novel in disguise. Because it's not a bodice-ripper or a plot-driven thriller, it seems to have found no readership. I'm guessing, I don't know how publishing works. But I'd recommend it to anyone who likes literate historical novels, even if they are lacking battles, intrigue, and that sort of thing. It's a book to savor, linger over, and read again.

The Marriage of Opposites
    by Alice Hoffman
  • Book Jacket: Miss Jane
    Miss Jane
    by Brad Watson
  • Book Jacket: Dinner with Edward
    Dinner with Edward
    by Isabel Vincent
    In late 2009 Isabel Vincent and her family were still newcomers to New York City. She and her ...

The Imperial Wife
    by Irina Reyn

Falling
    by Jane Green

The Fair Fight
by Anna Freeman

A page-turning novel set in the world of 18th century female pugilists.

Summer Stunner
Summer Giveaway

Win 5 books, each week in July!

W M T N, W C F All