Read what people think about The Forever Fix by Ricki Lewis, and write your own review.

Gene Therapy and the Boy Who Saved It

by Ricki Lewis

There is 1 reader review for The Forever Fix

Emily (05/06/13)

The Forever Fix
I was assigned this book for my honors Biology class, and at first had some hope. We had read Animal, Vegetable, Miracle and it ended up being a drag, so when my teacher announced that we wered reading a book on gene therapy, a part of me was excited to read something vivid and interesting.
The book starts out with Corey's story, and up until about the 100 page mark, the book is wonderful. The only problem is, the book starts to get slow and monotonous. At certain parts, it feels as if you're reading a pictureless Biology textbook from the 60's that is mainly covering simple facts. Although the book moves on and becomes interesting again, it's a drag around the 100 page mark. Would recommend if you are interested in the topic, but I wouldn't recommend that teachers assign it, simply because of the inconsistency.

• Book Jacket: Commonwealth

Circling the Sun
by Paula McLain

Win Blood at the Root

Blood at the Root

"A gripping, timely, and important examination of American racism."
- PW Starred Review